Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 Runtimes

Sombraweblab1 opened this issue on Jan 06, 2005 ยท 3 posts

Sombraweblab1 posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 5:12 PM

Maybe most of your, Masters, already know how to do it, but i don't. Can you show me how to work with several runtimes on Poser 5? I use a mac. Thanks

bobcat574 posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 6:58 PM

Bear with me, I'm not on my normal pc so I'm running on my aging memory! 1. When you have poser loaded, click on one of the library options, 'figures' for example. 2. Press the folder with the arrow on it, this will take you to the runtime menue. (You should see 'poser 5' with a red dot, and a folder called downloads.) 3. Press the + at the bottom of the column, (Just like adding a new pose to your library). This will allow you to browse to your new runtime folder. 4. Once you have found your new runtime folder, select it, and it "should" appear in your runtime library as you currently selected runtime. Now you can choose which runtime to work with. When you need more runtimes, just do the same steps. Hope this helps, and I hope I haven't missed anything. (I have 6 runtimes!)

Bobbie_Boucher posted Thu, 06 January 2005 at 7:09 PM

Basically, what I advise is this: 1.) Create a folder that will hold your new Runtime. Let's call it Mike3. 2.) Run Poser, then hit the "up" arrow till you get to the point indicated in the screenshot. Note the red ball by one of the Runtime folders. 3.) Now go to the bottom, and click the "+" sign, and add your Runtime from there. 4.) You can now install new stuff into the Mike 3 Runtime if you wish.