Forum: Photography

Subject: Snow

Misha883 opened this issue on Jan 08, 2005 ยท 11 posts

Misha883 posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 10:31 PM

Due to a complicated chain of circumstances, I am now the (very happy) owner of a digital camera, and, of course, still my belov'ed analog camera. The digital is SO convenient! The analog is, so far anyway, so much better. But I'm learning. It will be interesting to see if convenience wins over tradition.

Michelle A. posted Sat, 08 January 2005 at 10:43 PM

Ok spill the beans buddy...... wha' did ya get? Nosy people like me wanna know!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

zhounder posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 1:49 AM

Say you got a Nikon! Pleeeaaaase?

tvernuccio posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 9:46 AM

it's so beautiful Misha!!!! luv how the trees seem to be reaching for each other. yeah...spill the beans. whaddya get?

LostPatrol posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 4:00 PM

Yeh Me Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Come on come on spill, and what cam is it? Ok so I'm a nosey something or other lol Welcome to the revolution. Misha if anyone can master the snow shots digital or otherwise, it's you. Still waiting for some white stuff so I can try all your tips. Oh yes, lovely shot by the way. LP

The Truth is Out There

Misha883 posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 7:25 PM

Nothing too exotic. Some dear friends keep trying to get me to join the modern world, so they gave me a nice little Canon PowerShot A95. It works very well for something you can carry in a shirt pocket or little belt pouch.

Michelle A. posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 8:39 PM

Hmmmm.... think I need a pair of those cross country skis for snowy walks. As I was saying to you earlier, really would like to get a pocket cam like that too..... sounds like a nice little P&S!

Message edited on: 01/09/2005 20:49

--- michelleamarante.com

DHolman posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 3:41 AM

"The analog is, so far anyway, so much better." Pbbbbbbttttttt. Some people's children. He's got a little PowerShot A95 (which is a nice P&S ... has the Digic chip in it) and he compares it to his high-end, pro body EOS 1N. :) The day any P&S kicks an EOS 1N's butt is the day I give up photography and take up ballet (which, I hear, is not far from doing table dances for the ladies so I should fit right in). -=>Donald

LostPatrol posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 10:15 AM

Seeing you in a ballet would indeed be an intriguing sight Donald! You had better hope they dont make the P&S that good too soon lol The A95 is a fine P&S, and will provide much fun even with its short comings.

The Truth is Out There

Misha883 posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 8:32 PM

"give up photography and take up ballet" You misunderstand! The little P&S does a Wonderful job in applications it's intended for. Certainly I'll not be putting my 1N on eBay soon. But for something portable and fast, the A95 rocks! So, a tutu?

Michelle A. posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 8:50 PM

Tutu......? Now this I gotta see..... Donald doing a lap dance while dressed in that tutu would be even better though.

--- michelleamarante.com