Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Poser Encyclopoedia Status Update

gellenburg opened this issue on Jan 09, 2005 ยท 1 posts

gellenburg posted Sun, 09 January 2005 at 9:46 AM

Attached Link: http://wiki.my3dart.com/

Greetings! I hope everyone had a good New Year.

I wanted to take this opportunity to remind folks of "The Poser Encyclopoedia," a free community resource I've started to try to cull "all things Poser" together.

For those who aren't familiar with The Poser Encyclopoedia, TPE is a WiKi project I've started to bring together into one place an index of as manu Poser models, figures, props, poses, morphs, textures, etc. to make finding that figure or prop that much easier when assembling Poser scenes for renders.

For example, there are many morphs, textures, and poses supplied with figures are also compatible with other figures, so by linking to all of the figures a particular element is compatible with, hopefully it makes the Poser artist's job that much easier.

A natural side effect of this whole process is that it provides a free-form, second form of advertising, for commercial (and freely available) figure designers and modelers.

Now, onto the update. ;-)

Not a whole heckuvalot has been happening these past two weeks as my work & personal life have both introduced certain challenges which have left me with little to no opportunity to work on the site. I've been working adding DAZ's Mellinium Man (Michael 1) to the Encyclopedia, as well as doing some minor housekeeping to make it a little better organized.

It was suggested that the Encyclopedia would also be an ideal place for Poser Tutorials and How To's given the incredible cross-linking, searching, and indexing capabilities a WiKi provides, and those categories have been added.

I've received lots of email, PMs, IMs, and feedback from the community letting me know that this is a good idea (especially considering the breadth of the undertaking) but TPE needs your help. I never inteded this endeavor to be a "one man job" as there's simply just too many figures, poses, and props; from literally thousands of sources that the Poser universe is simply too large for one person alone to catalog.

If you would like to help, I encourage you to visit The Poser Encyclopoedia today.

Thanks, and may everyone have a blessed & joyous year to follow.

--
GEllenburg (AIM), george (@) ellenburg (.) org

For God so loved the Walmart, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not overpay, but have everlasting low, low prices. (John $3.88)