Forum: Poser Python Scripting

Subject: Camera & Figure rotation via Python? (for VR Worx's Quicktime VR software)

gellenburg opened this issue on Jan 15, 2005 ยท 16 posts

gellenburg posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 9:44 AM

::Sigh:: If only Poser included Perl support. ;-) I know absolutely nothing about Python, or even if the following is possible:

VR Worx is a Quicktime VR authoring studio that takes a series of images and makes a Quicktime VR movie out of them.

One of the features is an "object" Quicktime VR movie with a series of images as the "object" is rotated on a 360 axis (in 10 increments) around its X axis, and while the camera is moved from -180 to 180 (in 10 increments) from a point of origin.

Is anything like this even remotely possible to do in Poser with Python scripting? I've looked through the Python addendum that comes with Poser 5 but couldn't find anything specifically for controlling a figure's rotation along its X axis while at the same time controlling a camera through incremental steps.

Of course, I suppose the same effect could be achieved by simply rotating the figure along its X & Y axis and keeping the camera stationary.

Any help would be appreciated.

For God so loved the Walmart, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not overpay, but have everlasting low, low prices. (John $3.88)