Forum: Carrara

Subject: I need info on how to make space scenes!

Zhukov opened this issue on Jan 01, 2001 ยท 4 posts

Zhukov posted Mon, 01 January 2001 at 11:48 AM

Greetings, Its me again with my newbie questions, hehe. I was wondering how one can make a starfield background that looks realistic. I need to move starships thru it and have it look good. As for planets (seen from orbit), should i do them in Bryce (which would require bringing my models over to Bryce land) or do the orbital scene in Carrara. Any help is appreciated. thx, Z

ClintH posted Mon, 01 January 2001 at 1:06 PM

Z! Hey man - Happy New Year! :) Go here. This is a really cool program that can make JPG's for you to use in Carrara as starfields. http://www.diardsoftware.com/ See if that helps ya out. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

graylensman posted Tue, 02 January 2001 at 1:26 PM

When I've done space scenes, I've tended to create starfields and planets in Photoshop, then drop them into RDS as backdrops. I find it easier to deal with the scales and distances. tim

hoborg posted Tue, 02 January 2001 at 6:19 PM

If you want an actual technique, map the starfield (once you got it) onto a HUGE sphere. Flip the normals. That should allow you to rotate your camera without your scene looking like a 5,000 budgetmovie. :) Hoborg