Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ...HACKER (S) Working the Renderosity Marketplace?

Veritas777 opened this issue on Jan 26, 2005 ยท 91 posts

Veritas777 posted Wed, 26 January 2005 at 2:54 PM

I've had several experiences over the past two-three weeks that lead me to believe that a hacker (or hackers) are working the Renderosity Marketplace- most likely to steal password info- and- to download models maybe? My first experience was about two-three weeks ago when I entered the marketplace page and saw a Pop-Up that offered computer games for sale. I have NEVER seen a pop-up like this before at Renderosity as I have my all Norton settings fairly high (and current). This was followed days later by a "MS-SQL_Packet_DoS" intrusion attempt, and then again on a later day- and then on a later day I had my printer software disabled (and subsequently had to re-install it) while browsing in the marketplace. I can tell when my printer port is being "hit" because my printer makes a distinct port-hit sound. More recently I was alerted by Norton that a "MS-SQL_NullPacket_DoS" threat had happened while in the marketplace- Norton says- "This attack could pose a serious security threat. You should take immediate action to stop any damage or prevent further damage from happening." Then today I entered the marketplace an was alerted with a "Tcp_Xmas_Scan" - which Norton describes as "a condition that indicates an attempted IP spoofing attack." I really have to think that this is either someone who is "inside" Renderosity- or it working with the help of someone at Renderosity- perhaps from another location. Anyone else see stuff like this happening?