Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Furrette 2.1

Little_Dragon opened this issue on Jan 28, 2005 ยท 49 posts

Little_Dragon posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 1:39 AM

All major files updated:

Furrette 2.1 Base Files (7.4MB)

Furrette 2.1 Clothing Pack #1 (4.64MB)

Furrette 2.1 Ziggy Hair (3.27MB)

Digitigrade legs, more morphs, new eye geometry, Walk Designer files, etc.

Enjoy.

ynsaen posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 2:29 AM

er um, sorry. Wow, L_D. Thanks. THis is really great. I'm just gonna go slink off now...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

hauksdottir posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:21 AM

(Big cats can't purr, or if they do, it's really loud.) I wonder. Foxes howl and bark. But I've never heard skunks say anything. Raccoons mostly hiss, as do badgers. Thank you so terribly much! Carolly

xantor posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:53 AM

Thank you.

ynsaen posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:54 AM

You obviously haven't seen Bambi, or you'd know skunks talk perfectly well. Sheesh!

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

tonymouse posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 7:06 AM

Very cool, Any updates on Furaldo??

Dale B posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 7:12 AM

New Toys, off to play!

Gareee posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 8:43 AM

Yay! And my system is hobbling back up to life again as well...

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Redfern posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 9:31 AM

I was confused when I installed the files, but that was my fault, no one elses. I got the impression this was only the "digitigrade" version and that is was overwriting the plantigrade edition. Yes, I wanted the toe walking style, but I could still use the flat footed edition. Okay, so I'm greedy. When I opened the character folder, my concerns were baseless. This edition has BOTH versions, plus different versions of footwear, pants and catsuits to fit the appropriate figure. Joy! People, you've got to play with Little_Dragon's walk cycles for the "D" version! the strides so so befitting a being with that kind of leg structure. Now that you've solved the digitigrade mechanics for Furrette, LD, is there any possibility we may eventually see the equivalent for "Mia, the Millenium Cat Girl"? Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

pakled posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 9:37 AM

I see new avenues opening up for Cantuflores..;) This is very generous of you, thanks..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

AntoniaTiger posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 10:52 AM

I have a cheap DVD of the monochrome Buck Rogers movie, from the fifties. I have a specship. I have a way of making Aiko 3 into a scarily sext droid. And now Furette 2.1 I think my brain is going to explode.

freyfaxi posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 1:37 PM

Many, many Thanks...she's a-lookin geat !! :)

krimpr posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 4:04 PM

Thanks alot LD. Your work, tips and endless weblinks are all awesome.

Little_Dragon posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 5:53 PM

Any updates on Furaldo??

Oh, he's mostly finished. But I'm not releasing him into the wild naked (even though I know he'll end up that way), so you'll have to wait until I complete his first clothing pack.

prezhelth27tr.jpg

(older pics)
http://img15.exs.cx/img15/2575/prezhelthandzheltha2cf.jpg
http://img112.exs.cx/img112/6461/theembrace9su.gif

LD, is there any possibility we may eventually see the equivalent for "Mia, the Millenium Cat Girl"?

Yes. Furrette was my testbed for the anatomy. After I kick Furraldo out the door, I'll address Mia's needs.

AntoniaTiger posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 6:02 PM

Isn't Furraldo going to be enough for Mia? (Makes note to check a certain scale setting.)

Little_Dragon posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 6:10 PM

Isn't Furraldo going to be enough for Mia? Not after his last visit to the vet.

SpottedKitty posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 7:35 PM

Looking good... here's the obligatory blonde vixen in a bikini. Using Snowfox's vixen MOR, and would you believe, only minor tweaks needed from a standard V3 pose. And some of the new included morphs are giving me ideas...

Little_Dragon posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 7:46 PM

Oh, yes, I'd believe it. While testing the initial release of Furrette 2, I ran her through a grueling torture-test of every Victoria and Michael pose on my system. Furraldo, above, is using one of poses included with Michael 3.

Poses with the new digitigrade legs will require some adjustment to shins, feet, and toes, but should otherwise work equally well.

SpottedKitty posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 7:53 PM

Not really much adjustment needed to allow for the new legs: all I had to do in the pic above was bring the thighs forward a bit and bend and slightly twist the toes to match the ground line. And I really like those new sandals, they're perfect.

Charlie_Tuna posted Fri, 28 January 2005 at 9:12 PM

Oh, Goody :-) A new Furrette version and a new Mia coming soon that'll be furrific :-)

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Little_Dragon posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 5:24 AM

The new files are now mirrored at 448 Studios, in case I run out of bandwidth. My thanks again to SpiritWolf448 for offering to host them.

digirun02d8pe.gif

AntoniaTiger posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 5:50 AM

There's something odd about the download counters on the Freestuff links; have they ended up pointing to the old versions still?

Little_Dragon posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 9:47 AM

They're pointing to the new versions, but are still counting from the original release of Furrette 2.0.

MaPPer posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 9:56 AM

woot!!! Thank you LD!! Prop and character credit Furrette 2d by Little Dragon Liquid Halo outfit by Uzilite Ship by Davo Platform by Ajax, Moebius87, and Billy Home

akura_ posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 12:45 PM

1. Are you going to make new poses for her? 2. Whats your web site url?

AntoniaTiger posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 1:01 PM

[Looks at MaPPer...] [Looks at Daz3D prices] Er, I think that's a bit out of my budget, but did you have hany problems with using Victoria 3 clothing? Or are there a lot of safety pins and a few hidden strips of gaffer tape where the camera can't see? :)

MaPPer posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 1:14 PM

It would have been as well if not for my collection of coupons and vouchers. And with the release of M3 and V3 for free everyone is jacking prices. And this is more of a what can be achieved pic. Granted I wouldn't try an animation, her clothing would most likely fly off. But the Vicky clothing isn't too bad. It will take some tweaking and XYZ coords and Scale maniping. I have yet to learn how to use Magnets and Morphs Like LD.

lhiannan posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 1:25 PM

She looks great. Is she mapped differently than 2.0? Will I need to update Shian? Weep but my Poser HD is dead and it will be sometime before I can replace it. sniff

AntoniaTiger posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 2:57 PM

Here's a sample I did. Digitigrade figure, using the existing Skunk morph/materials files. Why she should need to use guns, I don't know. (And I've been surprising myself with how much Poser stuff I've downloaded... Backup! Backup!)

AntoniaTiger posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 3:03 PM

On Poses: apart from getting the legs looking balanced, essentially hips over the ground-contact, the main tweak is to bend the toes. Most poses have the toe-bend at 0, and need maybe -60 to look right.

Redfern posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 3:19 PM

The dorsal spines are a great addition. One isn't limited to mammalian mommas.

"Mom! Dad's looking at lizard ladies, and they're lacking lingerie!!!"

Merciful Mogg! Did I just type that?!

Sincerely,

Bill

Message edited on: 01/29/2005 15:22

Sarte posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 3:56 PM

O_o (Feels ill)

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

SpottedKitty posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 3:58 PM

Godzillette?

Sarte posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 4:07 PM

You and me both. shudder Now that's an image I'm going to want to scour from my mind with a large quantity of cleaning fluid-and a flamethrower.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Redfern posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 4:32 PM

Heh, heh! Ironic. If I were to post this image at NeoMonsterIsland.com , home of "Twisted Kaiju Theater", odds are I'd be praised as a digital art god. One of the major attractions of that site is a gallery of "Kaiju Girls", also known as the "K-Girls", a veritable harem of females with Japanese movie monster attributes such as tails, scales and dorsal spines. One contributing artist went so far as to combine the upper half of an "anime babe" with the larval form of Mothra replacing her legs. This is tame in comparison, especially when the subject matter there often turn "hentai". However, if R'osity members are truly disturbed with this image, I'll remove it without complaint. I simply thought it was silly, nothing more. Sincerely, Bill

Sarte posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 4:36 PM

Never mind...what you just described requires complete molecular disintegration to end the mental images (oh, the horrible, horrible, horrible mental images) that are now in my head. That is disturbing x1000.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Little_Dragon posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 8:10 PM

Is she mapped differently than 2.0? Will I need to update Shian?

No, the mapping is unchanged; I was very careful with that. Textures may seem a bit stretched on the feet, but they still fit. Even the new eyes should take existing textures.

Furraldo has the same mapping, but I may do a bit of tweaking to lessen some distortion on the chest.

I have yet to learn how to use Magnets and Morphs Like LD.

Import the clothing mesh into Poser, with no options checked. Scale and position it over Furrette as best you can, then start tweaking the mesh with magnets to ensure a closer fit.

(Why work on an imported mesh, instead of loading the clothing CR2 from the Library? Because this way, it's a single item, and when you start creating magnet morphs, you won't have to repeat the process for each body part.)

After you've magneted the hell out of the clothing, spawn a morph. Delete the magnets (you might want to save them to the prop library first for later use), and set the morph to 1.0. Export the clothing mesh to Wavefront OBJ format, with only "Include existing groups" enabled.

Now you'll need a CR2 to turn the mesh into a posable figure again. I recommend using one of Furrette's clothing CR2s, since the joints are already set up to accomodate clothing and the IK has already been removed.

Open the donor CR2 in a text editor, and search for .obj references. There should be two identical lines near the beginning of the file. Change these so they point to the new .obj. Save the modified CR2 back into the library under a new name.

If you want to get really technical, you should also delete the entire material block from the end of the donor CR2, replacing it with the material block from the original clothing item's CR2, so that the modified clothing will have its original material settings. And you should strip all morphs from the donor CR2, as they won't work with the new geometry.

Dodger has a mini-tutorial over at PoserPros that steps you through the process in more detail. He uses boots as an example, but the process is no different for other clothes.

http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27003

SnowFox102 posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 8:51 PM

Weeeee!! This is a tweaked Vicky pose too. K'Tani has already appeared in 3D, but I didn't get around to the cute hedgehog Maya until now ^_^ (Her conforming quills we be up on my site soon for anyone that wants them) And I LOVE those sandals! All hail the Great Little Dragon!

Sarte posted Sat, 29 January 2005 at 10:02 PM

Ooh, poky and spiky.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

AntoniaTiger posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 3:51 AM

And another sample...

The jacket is originally for Posette. It needed a slight increase in the overall yScale for the collar to show, and a reduction of breast size on Furrette. There's also a poke-through problem at the back of the arms.

P5 materials from Mapps.

Anyway, comparing the grouping, Victoria (all versions) and Judy have much larger collar groups, which encompass the breasts. Some poses, that doesn't make much difference.

As for the arms, I suspect there to be a difference in the position of the bones relative to the mesh. It's the sort of thing that you can tweak in P5, but it can be a lot of fiddling.

Little_Dragon posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 4:39 AM

Nice. Is that the one by naoki?

I'm working on one of those for Furrette. Probably won't be as detailed, but it'll have posable flaps.

AntoniaTiger posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 5:03 AM

[Checks...] Yes, it is. Posable flaps? Will that make it a flying jacket if you add a prop as well?

Little_Dragon posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 8:43 AM

jacket022nr.gif

MaPPer posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 8:47 AM

Excellent :D

AntoniaTiger posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 9:25 AM

Well, a project which came to mind last night (Blame the Brie, perhaps) is a sort of Furry Sky Captain/Dan Dare theme. The leather flying jackets combined with 40s/50s sci-fi ships. And instead of a Learjet, take the company's executive rocket-plane from London to Woomera. (I hope it was the Brie.)

AntoniaTiger posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 12:30 PM

And another shot of the Jacket-conversion.

It does weird stuff around the armpits with extreme shoulder movements, but it looks usable.

Don't scale the whole BODY, it can throw off the joints.

Sarte posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 6:34 PM

What's the origin of this character's name, anyhow?

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Lemurtek posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 7:35 PM

Once again, LD shows us how it should be done! Very nice, and the running shot was perfect... and purrfect! :) Regards- Lemurtek

Little_Dragon posted Sun, 30 January 2005 at 8:33 PM

What's the origin of this character's name, anyhow? Furry Posette --> Furrette >> It does weird stuff around the armpits with extreme shoulder movements, but it looks usable. I ran into that problem while refitting the jacket (using the method I described earlier). You need to do some regrouping on the mesh. The rCollar and lCollar groups extend down too far for Furrette. Move about five rows of polys over to the chest group, and it'll work much better. The jacket doesn't have any morphs, anyway, so regrouping shouldn't hurt anything.