Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser in the Workplace

Wampyir opened this issue on Feb 03, 2005 ยท 10 posts

Wampyir posted Thu, 03 February 2005 at 11:27 PM

Hi everyone. I am trying to get my employer to buy Poser for my department. My office has very strict policies about what they consider to be inappropriate in the workplace, sexually explicit material being one of them.

My question is, has anyone here ever gotten into trouble with their employer, or a co-worker, because of the anatomical correctness of the Poser figures? Not because they deliberately made a risque picture, but simply because the figures are nude by default? Like if someone who doesn't know the program walks by your desk, sees a figure on your screen, and complains about it. If so, how did you handle the situation?

Does anyone have a disclaimer or release statement they use to protect themselves? Does anyone know of any case where someone got sued because of the alleged inappropriateness of Poser content at work? If so, what was the outcome?

Sorry if all this sounds a bit uptight, but my workplace is a very conservative office in Washington, D.C., and I really have to be prepared for this possibility.

Many thanks.