Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P4Fem Gillian model (modified from Dave's "Looks Like Gillian..." model)

Jimbo09 opened this issue on Jan 08, 2001 ยท 8 posts

Jimbo09 posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 4:11 PM

What do you think? Is the likeness good? I moified Dave's "Looks Like Gillian..." model a bit after noticing the chin and nose were wrong. His model looks excellent head-on, which is what I was having trouble modelling accurately on my own model. But his side profiles were a bit off, whereas mine were more accurate. So I combined the two, and came up with this one. I think its really, really close, but others might not. If enough people think its good enough, I'll post the model as-is without modifying it anymore. Thanks again go out to Dave for his excellent model. :) -- Jimbo

JeffH posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 4:22 PM

This nose is too flat, GA has a bit of bump to the bridge of her nose.

Jimbo09 posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 4:36 PM

The nose looked good to me... I think its just lighting in that picture making it look a bit odd. This is how it looks from the side, which is pretty accurate, IMO. Does it still need changed? --Jimbo

stelhar_1999 posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 5:09 PM

well the texture is a 10+ and thanks Dave for his work! Your model needs a little work more ot the nose. Because you use the P4 fmodel there is a lack to face morphs! download a few from bushi (or something I can't remember!) and you'll have a great model! (her upper lip needs a little work too!)

JeffH posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 5:18 PM

Oh okay, the bridge is right maybe the tip of the nose is a bit too flat? Then again it may just be the lighting ;-)

Ghostofmacbeth posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 8:57 AM

Think the tip of the nose is a little too flat but looks pretty good.

Dave posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 10:46 AM

I concur the nose peers to be to flat. Dave

duanemoody posted Wed, 10 January 2001 at 12:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.facialsurgery.com/INTRAOP1.HTM

The shape of the long part of the nose is determined by two structures: The small, thin bones at the top and the pair of cartilaginous structures below it which also determine the shape of the top. The 'hook' in a nose is the place where the bones end and the cartilage begins (not to be confused with Poser's NoseBump dial), visibly. I say 'visibly' because most peoples' noses have a fairly smooth transition from the bones to the cartilage. I used to think it was one piece of cartilage until I visited the site linked here -- now I understand "2-bulb" nose tips like Cybill Shepherd's and Karl Malden's a lot better.