Forum: Carrara

Subject: Posted a question in Amapi forum about A7 that came w/ Carrara 4

dave3 opened this issue on Feb 15, 2005 ยท 8 posts

dave3 posted Tue, 15 February 2005 at 3:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12399&Form.ShowMessage=2121228

Since the Amapi forum seems kind of quiet, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out. Thanks!

MarkBremmer posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:27 AM

Hello Dave, I'm using AmapiPro and found those options there under the import/export section in the preferences. I have to think that A7 has the same category. (I've been known to read right over what I'm looking for more than once ;) ) Mark

dave3 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:56 PM

Thanks for the reply -- that's what I found as well. However, no scaling seems to occur when I type a number in the export scale factor box. In A6, I had no trouble with this; type the number, scaling happens. I thought maybe there was something else I had to have turned on or disabled to make the scaling happen -- and also, this is just labeled EXPORT scale factor, which makes me wonder about IMPORT scale factor. I'm finding this program to be very difficult. I could work so easily in A6, but this version seems to fight me at every step! Any further help would be appreciated...

Tunesy posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 12:48 AM

I've tried export scaling many times in A7 and haven't gotten it to work so far. I hope we're just doing something wrong.

dave3 posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 2:30 PM

Well THAT'S reassuring! ;-) Thanks for letting me know -- at least I don't feel like a complete idiot now...

ShawnDriscoll posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 10:36 PM

Amapi tends to ignore numbers that you type. It prefers that you click on the arrows to make changes to most values.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Tunesy posted Tue, 22 February 2005 at 10:45 PM

Cool. Thanks for the info, shonner. Amapi's been driving me crazy whenever I have to enter a negative value for something. That strikes me as a pretty significant little bug. I hope they fix it.

dave3 posted Wed, 23 February 2005 at 6:32 PM

Great -- I'll give that a try. Thanks!