Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: More Poser 6 news!

NomiGraphics opened this issue on Feb 16, 2005 ยท 150 posts

NomiGraphics posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:29 AM

Shader's Cafe has a new announcement about Poser 6 in our news section! It fills in more information that people have been receiving from the e-mail newsletter from Curious Labs! Come on over and take a look, http://www.shaderscafe.com - Noel

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:41 AM

Thanks for the tip! That must be the news Katherine promised for 12pm PT today. Still not sure if I'm buying. Will depend on the upgrade pricing, and just what this "winter queen" stuff is.

NomiGraphics posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:59 AM

I'm sure they will continue letting folks know more and more as time gets closer to release :) I also would like to know more about the winter queen stuff, but they don't tell me anything else either!! - Noel

Tashar59 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:13 AM

Mind, there might be different pricing for Shade users. What's the point of Shade LE if you already have it or Standard/Pro. If they are putting the 2 together, will that mean the material nodes will work in Shade? Just wishing. Will have to wait for announcement. Ooooh, that,s 2 big ones in one day. I really miss my hockey.

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:15 AM

Not to go too far off topic, but what big announcement about hockey? My feeling is - too late. There really is no point to starting the season this 'late in the game' (pun intended).

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

mateo_sancarlos posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:19 AM

They cancelled the hockey season. You can probably imagine the dismay felt by all the Latinos in the barrio, when hearing this news.

tongue.gif Better luck next year.

PapaBlueMarlin posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:25 AM

I didn't see an upgrade price from P5 to P6 either. Is winter queen supposed to be a figure?

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:27 AM

Attached Link: http://makeashorterlink.com/?E2B521E7A

According to this site, upgrade price is $129.

Dunno if there will be an additional discount for Shade users, since part of the package is Shade LE. I suspect not, based on their Shade upgrade pricing.

Ack. Edited to fix the super-long link.

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 11:29

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:31 AM

I'd like some info on the 'Winter Queen' too - sounds intriguing :)

My Renderosity Store

Tashar59 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:39 AM

"You can probably imagine the dismay felt by all the Latinos in the barrio, when hearing this news." True, but tell them there is no more soccer/football, what ever they want to call it. Then they would know what it's like. LOL. BTW, it has not been announced yet. "I didn't see an upgrade price from P5 to P6 either. Is winter queen supposed to be a figure?" Also, it's pre order. How long is the wait. Oh,oh,oh, Mr. Carter, Shades of P5? (pun intended).

caulbox posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:59 AM

Maths (like the truth) supposedly doesn't deceive... but I (almost) can't believe the contrast I've just observed! Frankly the net has taught me that $400 is more like 300. The news that Curious Labs will be better standardizing the Euro and Sterling equivalent to the US Dollar based on conversion rates is very welcome news indeed. I'm in the UK, and I'm sick of software companies being allowed to charge extortionate amounts compared to the dollar equivalent. Theory of Surplus Value, brother? It should not be allowed!!!! I thought I'd never be able to afford Poser6... but if happiness has a value then Poser5 remains the best investment I have ever made. I too will now be waiting on tenterhooks for any further news about upgrades.

jobcontrol posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:32 PM

Uh, them there web store functions well ;-) I did it!

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:33 PM

So, what is the Winter Queen????

duckmango posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 12:37 PM

beryld:
The NHL has today officially announced the cancellation of its season that never was. I'm frankly stunned at the utter stupidity of both the owners and players in this.

But I won't drag this thread OT. Guess I'll have plenty of $ for Poser 6, since I don't have to spend it on NHL games.

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/article/articleview/1325/1/580?sbss=580

The Poser 6 page is up at CL. Looks like there are separate upgrade prices for P4/PP and P5. No extra discount for Shade owners.

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:19 PM

I just decided that the cost of the P5-P6 dowload was good enough to go ahead and pre-order, 'cept I can't as my (perfectly valid) P5 serial is being rejected. I know of at least one other person with the same problem, anyone else?

davidgibson posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:21 PM

Did you notice Secret #5 -- Software & Open GL Hardware preview!!!!

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:24 PM

Well, I checked out the upgrade prices and while they are much more favorable to European customers than before, they're still not quite on a par with the US price. P6 UG from P5 = $129 = 68.39 P6 UG from P5 = 119 = 82.11 Do they not think we can do the math? or can I pay for my copy in dollars?

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:29 PM

"can I pay for my copy in dollars?"

I'm just about to try that. I bought my P4 to P5 upgrade from the CL US store in dollars. Back then though the Euro Store was EGISys and the US Store was CL themselves. Now it's all Digital River it may no longer be possible.

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:34 PM

jwhitham: Good luck, and please let me know what happens!

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:35 PM

Fell at the first hurdle, my serial rejected again! I hoped that it was because it was for a dollar version that it was being rejected. :(

Ardiva posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:53 PM

"Winter Queen" is a figure pak. :)

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 13:54

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:55 PM

For which figure? Are there new ones in P6?

war2 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 1:59 PM

nice upgrade prices, have to see tho if/when i bite the bullet. as for nhl: as sorry as i am that you guys miss out on all the fun im still very very glad that we get to see all this great players playing in sweden this year, or how about having Markus nlund, peter forsberg, adrian aucoin, henrik and daniel sedin, M.weinhandl + a bunch of other nhl players in the same team.

odeathoflife posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:23 PM

content paradise looks to still be there :) not that I mind, but I hope that they will actually use it this time. 129 is a good upgrade price as well. I will definatly be getting this. I like the look of the new windows also.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

SecretOrchid posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:25 PM

My serial number is rejected as well, and this is a legitimate copy of Poser 5 (NOT an upgrade, the full software) I bought retail. Good start, Curious Labs (not).

odeathoflife posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:31 PM

I havn't tried to purchase yet (no CC) but seeing as this page is new they might just be having a burp

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

odeathoflife posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:34 PM

I just sorta went through the process and it took my serial # so it is not the site I would suggest that you try again, ( with the hyphens) and if that doesnt work contact CL's sales.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Gareee posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:42 PM

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

SimonWM posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:44 PM

What about the special treatment the people who pre-ordered Poser 5 where going to get for this upgrade. I'm one of the people who pre-ordered and ended up doing extensive beta-testing, (posting screencaptures for the broken displacement in reflections and other Firefly issues that were fixed at the time.)in the Renderosity Poser 5 "Beta" forum for my already paid Poser 5 copy. I remember Katherine or somebody else from Curious Labs posting this. I hope they keep their promise.

caulbox posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:54 PM

Does anybody know if it's the same price for upgrade if Physical Shipment is selected rather than electronic download? Does Physical shipment imply a whole boxed package complete with printed manual? Any ideas as to how much international postage costs might be?

dialyn posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:55 PM

Be sure that you are using zero (number) and not "O" and that you are putting in a one and not "I." Or visa versa. I found the serial numbers very hard to read. It also may be case sensitive.

Letterworks posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:56 PM

Well I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't have very many problems when P5 first came out. That's why I figured to take a chance and pre order P6. SecretOrchid, be sure to include the "-" in your serial number. The site rejected mine until I added them in. Oh, and it DID accept the $50 rebate code, bringing the upgrade cost to < $100 dollars for the Boxed set. Now I just have to wait until they ship it! mike

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 2:58 PM

Looks like they didn't forget!!! Just received a "Special Offer" for early Poser 6 upgrade since I was an early Poser 5 upgrader.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:02 PM

What about the special treatment the people who pre-ordered Poser 5 where going to get for this upgrade. Check your e-mail. CL is offering you a special price: $89.

odeathoflife posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:03 PM

caulbox, depending where you are shipping it to the cost will go up cause you also have to pay for shipping but the actual cost is the same + S&H

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

caulbox posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:06 PM

Cheers!

philebus posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:26 PM

Anyone else unable to get the upgrade option to accept their serial number. I've tried both my Poser Artist and Pro Pack numbers and it rejects them both! I'm using copy and paste, so I'm not making any errors. This is really frustrating. If there are a lot of people with this problem, then they're going to be bogged down with sorting it out!

Marque posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:29 PM

Same problem here, won't take my S.N. Marque

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:34 PM

"Rebate" ???????

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:34 PM

I've just submitted a question to CL customer support, at the third attempt! First couple of times I got an error that my browser wouldn't accept cookies, which it does, deleted my cookies, which will no doubt play havoc with other sites, but at least the report went in.

SecretOrchid posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:40 PM

I entered my serial number with 0's, o's, dashes, and no dashes. Nothing worked. I have three seperate problems with calling sales: 1. I don't appreciate having to -work- to get a company to take my money for their product. It really ought to be the other way around; something about that just doesn't sit right with me. 2. I resent being assumed to be a criminal until proven otherwise. This is the equivalent of having a security guard follow you around and give you nasty looks at a fancy department store until you finally make your purchase. It does not endear me to Nordstrom, and it's not working in Curious Lab's favour here either. I did NOT steal my copy of Poser 5, and if other people did I don't feel like it's -my- obligation to be inconvenienced. 3. If, in my first interaction with Poser 6, it's ALREADY giving me wonky technical difficulties, I'm not sure it's a good investment of my money in the first place. Sorry, but if these are all things I must accept in order to be a Curious Labs customer this year, I will probably pass on being a customer.

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:40 PM

Philebus, yes! Try reading the rest of the thread!

spedler posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:45 PM

Anyone else unable to get the upgrade option to accept their serial number. Yes, I tried with my P5 serial number from a full retail copy of P5 and it rejects it - with or without dashes in the number. I've emailed CL to ask for help.

Steve

XENOPHONZ posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:45 PM

Hmmmmmmm. This serial number issue doesn't sound very encouraging. Then again, it might just be a temporary glitch that they'll work out soon.

I haven't attempted to make a purchase yet.

I'll wait a few days, and I'll check the forum from time to time to see if the problem persists.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

philebus posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:48 PM

I understand why you're annoyed SecretOrchid. Last year I discovered that my second hand bargain of Poser 4 and Pro Pack was a well presented pirate - I went directly to CL and purchased a legitimate download with money I couldn't afford at the time. Now I know I'm useing a legit number that should be on their data base but clearly isn't!

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:50 PM

I've found the whole serial number thing to be a right pain. When I bought Shade, I had to put in my Poser serial number. It wouldn't take my P5 number. It wouldn't take my PP number. Finally, I gave them my P4 number, and it worked. :-P

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:59 PM

SecretOrchid, I really don't see how a bit of broken code on a website equates to an accusation of theft! As far as any implied technical incompetecy, the store is not operated by CL now, but by Digital River who really should know what they're doing, they've enough experience.

XENOPHONZ posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 3:59 PM

I seem to remember that I was forced to add an "X" to my P4 serial number when I submitted for the upgrade from P5.

I don't recall why that was.......it's been a while.

Perhaps something funky like that is going on here, too.

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:01 PM

Simply that the P4 splash screen truncated the serial, leaving off the leading "XF" edited for bizarre typos.

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 16:02

Gareee posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:01 PM

Yeah, but I wonder how good the record keeping is between all the change of hands. I know companies normally don't keep record that well, and if you then change the database over 2 or three times, and THEN have people replaced to manage it, all kinds of data loss occurs.

philebus posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:02 PM

The P4 serials are prefixed by an X but on the 'about' screen in Poser, it displays the number without it - hence alot of people miss it out.

odeathoflife posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:04 PM

You may want to use the serial number included in the physical box, in poser 5 it is on the cd sleeve. rather then the one shown on the startup screen.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

XENOPHONZ posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:08 PM

Simply that the P4 splash screen truncated the serial, leaving off the leading "XF"

Yes...that was the reason. I managed to figure it out at the time -- but I remember that it threw me for the first attempt or two at upgrading to P5.

Oh, well.....looks like that's not what's happening here.

Mazak posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:19 PM

My Serial isn't valid too... that sucks :( Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

nruddock posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:26 PM

There has to be a common factor as to why some Serial Nos. aren't working.
My first guess would those issued by the European web store.
Whatever it is, I bet they're going to swamped with verification requests.

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:32 PM

"Yeah, but I wonder how good the record keeping is between all the change of hands. I know companies normally don't keep record that well, and if you then change the database over 2 or three times, and THEN have people replaced to manage it, all kinds of data loss occurs."

Well, now, if I have an area of expertise it's data integration, I could go on about it at some length...

...not wishing to bore people though, you would need some willfully apalling admins to lose data on any serious scale, and someone like Digital River would be well aware of what they were taking over. I think it's just a glitch.

Dave-So posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:33 PM

this may work out..as much as I want to wait before buying P6..considering what happened with P5... but.. I got that special offer for P6 for $89 which includes that queen and Shade 7 LE boxed... Plus I have that $50 rebate thing....but you have to spend more than $100 to use it..so maybe a book or something' I was going to upgrade ot Shade standard, which may work out... can i sell my Shade 7 LE ?????

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:35 PM

"Plus I have that $50 rebate thing" PLEASE can someone tell me what the rebate is......

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:38 PM

nruddock, my serial is from the US store and doesn't work, whether I try to buy in euros or dollars, I don't think it's that simple.

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:41 PM

Lilybelles, I think it was a rebate offered to very early purchasers of P5 who had big problems.

Dave-So posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:43 PM

this was the rebate deal which came out in december In appreciation for your business with Curious Labs, wed like to extend a very special thank you. Receive a $50 gift coupon towards any purchase over $100 in products between now and June 30, 2005 just by registering to receive our news and updates email.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:44 PM

I went through the entire process of getting that dang $50 coupon and then proceeded to lose the email with the number (or whatever it was). But, as you say, for $89, it cannot be used. :) Hope they fix the SN problem...soon.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

nruddock posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:48 PM

Oh well, I guess as soon as anyone hears back from them there'll be a post (somewhere) here.

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:54 PM

"this was the rebate deal which came out in december"

RATS! I remember that email now, it turned up in my spam box and I must have deleted it. BOTHERATION!

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:55 PM

jwhitham - again! How do you manage to get the dollars option? I can only get to the European store and choose between Euros or BPounds...

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:59 PM

Lilybelles,

use the link at post #8 above. That's how I bought P5 in dollars, followed a link that got me behind the ring fence! PS Only any good for downloads, physical versions and the shipping kills it!

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 17:03

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:11 PM

Cool, thanks. Unfortunately I too am among those who have an invalid Registration Code :(

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:16 PM

"Unfortunately I too am among those who have an invalid Registration Code :(" Hey, welcome to the 'Salon des Refuses'!

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:35 PM

It accepted my serial number, and my coupon. Warning, though: you can't check out with Firefox. It's one of those stores with "check out" buttons that are invisible in Firefox. I had to switch to IE, then type in everything all over again (including that mile-long serial number). Happily, it did take my coupon code again. I was afraid it wouldn't, since the e-mail warned that the code expires the moment you submit it.

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:50 PM

Hey, welcome to the 'Salon des Refuses'! Hee hee! Well I'm off to the 'Salon de Bain' now so I'll check for updates here in about half an hour and see if we're still among the great unwashed or finally permitted to enter the inner sanctum ;)

My Renderosity Store

samcclung65 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:56 PM

I just pre-ordered, no problems. I used the serial number off the "About Poser" screen. Early P5 user discount worked fine.

Marque posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:03 PM

Grrrrr, was using the p4 number, found my P5 manual and entered the number and was able to order. lol Marque

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:08 PM

I don't have a P5 manual, I purchased the download version, so not an option here.

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:12 PM

I have the P5 CDs with a sticker on saying [something like] "This is your serial number" and thrice I am denied :-(

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:26 PM

"and thrice I am denied :-("

quintuple denied here, quite enough for one day methinks.

AlteredKitty posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:33 PM

Yup, a body can only take so much rejection in one day! As it is, I'm probably going to need to spend a large part of tomorrow chanting 'I am worthy' :)

My Renderosity Store

Curious_Labs posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:12 PM

Hi All, First, I really want to thank everyone for looking into the Poser 6 Special Edition pre-order launch today. We sincerely appreciate your interest and Ill keep doing what I can to get as much detail out to you on the boards, email and on our web pages until the actual release date of Poser 6. For the few that are experiencing a serial number rejection on trying to pre-order the upgrade, weve been finding a number of causes. Mostly its either a need to enter the serial number using capitalization, understating that there are no letter Os and that you do need to use the hyphens. The 2nd reason for the majority of those entering in their number correctly is just due to the volume of people attempting to pre-order the upgrade at the moment you are entering in your details. But, if you have been entering in the number correctly and have experience a serial number rejection multiple times, Id like to please ask if you would IM me with the following details: Location/Country Version of Poser you're upgrading from Serial number The exact store URL of the product that you are trying to purchase from Error numbers received Time the error occurred As a last resort however, all people eligible for the upgrade who continue to have this difficulty on our store during the pre-order period will receive their rightful Poser 6 Special Edition upgrade. Even if we have to process the old-fashioned way of faxing proof for a manual order process, well do. But please give this at least a week for us to iron out any of these issues. Also, our Technical Support has been working to get through as many people today as possible. There are many, many inquiries coming in that the serial number get mixed in with but I do promise that you are a priority. With kind regards, Katherine

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 19:16

Poseur posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:01 PM

When I bought Shade 7 from CL's DigitalRiver store I had problems like this. Their customer service person advised that if I got an error message about serial numbers or credit card problems during my order, I needed to wait 24 hours before attempting to place the order again. It's apparently due to the draconian security measures they use to validate orders. Eventually I got it to take my order and I'm now a happy Shade user. So for those of you trying several times per day with no luck, I suggest waiting 24 hours before you try again. I must say I haven't experienced such annoying behaviour with any other online store, and like the earlier poster I agree it seems you have to practically beg them to take your money. But be patient and your order should eventually go through.

dialyn posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:29 PM

I must say I haven't experienced such annoying behaviour with any other online store.... Oh, I wish I could say that. :(

mathman posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:48 PM

I have ..... I had nothing but trouble with the online store that processed the upgrade of zBrush v1.55b to v2. Headaches and stuff-ups galore, and umpteen international calls to the USA and Germany. Having said that, I must add that the zBrush tech rep (Matthew) was more than helpful throughout the process. I recently bought a brand new PC, and have had similar difficulties so far with installing zBrush v2 again. Oh well, I'll take a deep breath and plunge in again...aaaarrrggh..

mathman posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:50 PM

P.S. Can someone tell me if these special pre-order rates apply to shipping the boxed version as well as the download version ? (...not including shipping fees, of course). My poor dialup would choke if I had to download something of this size ....

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:52 PM

Yes, the price is the same for the boxed copy and tje download, except for shipping costs. The shipping is about $10 in the lower 48 states. Not sure about elsewhere.

Curious_Labs posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:55 PM

Hi Mathman, The pre-order pricing is for either, ESD or Boxed - your choice (for the same price). The boxed product will have the additional shipping fee of course. Kind regards, Katherine

randym77 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:01 PM

When is P6 going to ship?

I just got an e-mail from CL advertising P6, saying if I preorder, my credit card won't be charged until the day it's shipped.

But I already preordered. I just realized I charged it to a credit card that expires the last day of March, 2005.

Curious_Labs posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:09 PM

Hi Randym77, Wish I could tell you a date, but you should be fine. We'll work it out however if the expiration presents any problems. Also my error on my post before regarding serial numbers, evidentally we're no where near maxing out on web server power so I really want to encourage people to IM me with the details needed. Already (but only) one person has IM'ed me their details. The origin is in the UK - I'd really like to know - even if you just post in this thread - if you're in the UK for those having serial number issues... please. Kind regards, Katherine

wrpspeed posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:19 PM

followed katherine's advise on entering serial #'s and it went just fine. My card too is up for renewal in march also. terry

Poseur posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:47 PM

FWIW, I also just placed a Poser 6 upgrade order and it went through first time, no problem. Here's some tips for using the CL/DR store based on my prior experiences: * Enable cookies in your browser * If you get an error message during your order, wait 24 hours to retry * While waiting to retry, delete any cookies for www.digitalriver and shop.digitalriver so you start again with a clean slate * If you're claiming the $50 rebate, the customer service person told me to click the link in the rebate notification email. Don't paste it into your browser or try to go to the store directly and type in the rebate code. Apparently the email has some hidden HTML that authorizes the rebate, even though you still have to type in the rebate code. (This screwed me up the first time I used the store, resulting in a 24-hour wait...) * Don't worry about the warnings that you only get one try to use a rebate code. If you mess up, wait 24 hours and try again. The code is only used up once the order goes through successfully. * If your credit card uses your middle initial or middle name, be sure to include it in the "First name" field when they ask for your address. Otherwise your card may not validate and you'll have to retry in 24 hours. (This happened to me when I retried my first order -- another 24-hour wait). * For upgrades, be sure to include the "XF" at the start of your serial number. As noted previously, the "XF" prefix does not appear in Poser 4's About screen. (This one I got right :-)

PapaBlueMarlin posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:09 PM

Katherine, is there going to be a preview for the Winter Queen?

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:19 PM

Poseur, as someone with Poser 4, ProPack, and 5, which serial number should I use (especially for the "P5 early-bird special-offer discount-surprise." :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

PapaBlueMarlin posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:07 PM

Is it just to order through the Curious Labs site?

Teyon posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:16 PM

As I asked in a different post: Why doesn't Curious offer free upgrades to owners of the version of Poser released directly before version 6 was announced? The folks who make Rhino offer free versions if you are making a single step upgrade. That means that if you own version 3 and you want version 4, it's a free upgrade but if you own version 2 and want version 4, then you have to pay a small upgrade fee (not the full cost of the product). It would be a nice way to get more users to support the company when it releases a product. I'm glad to see Poser finally includes an HDRI render ability. I just hope the rig and animation features haven't been left behind just to advance the render engine.

XENOPHONZ posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:21 PM

I decided to go ahead and pre-order my copy of P6.

The process went smooth as silk. No serial # problems at all.

I ordered the boxed version. My broadband could handle the download, but there's something reassuring about having a boxed version sitting on the shelf. Besides, UPS 2nd day shipping isn't too long of a wait.......considering how long it's been already.

;-)

Looking forward to trying out the new one.

gps posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:53 PM

Katherine, another serial number reject from here in the UK :(

I've IM-ed details as requested.

caulbox posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:30 AM

Yet another rejection in UK, Katherine. Likewise... I've alao IM-ed details as requested.

adrianjw posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:37 AM

Katherine, yet another serial number reject from here in the UK :( I've IM-ed details as requested.

XENOPHONZ posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:38 AM

I think that we can see a pattern developing here.

Arien posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:53 AM

"P5 early-bird special-offer discount-surprise." Weird. I pre-ordered the upgrade for P5 from the UK before it came out, as soon as this option was available, paying more money than CL charged for it later, and serving as an unwilling beta-tester. Now, while it seems there is a special offer doing the rounds, I haven't received any special offer, just what appears to be the standard offer for upgrading. I'm not impressed. Has anybody in the UK (or the EU) received this, or is this again one of those offers aimed for the American market?

My store

Greebo posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 3:04 AM

bookmark

Porthos posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:55 AM

Serial No Rejected here, location Ireland! IM Details!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

BrokenAngel9 posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:09 AM

P4 Serial # rejected here, too, location Germany, will IM the details, too.

Philywebrider posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:14 AM

Katherinen is there an order phone line where I could place my order with a human being? :O(

Janl posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:17 AM

My serial number is not accepted either! I'm in the UK!

Nevermore posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:20 AM

UK, serial rejected. Have IM'd Katherine.

kristinf posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:22 AM

... and chalk up another UK serial number failure :)

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end" - Margaret Thatcher 1989

Puntomaus posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:59 AM

P5 (english version)serial# rejected, Location Germany. IM'd Katherine.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

mathman posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:24 AM

Australia here - serial rejected on the second attempt. First attempt rejected me for some other obscure reason as follows : "We're Sorry. The shipping location you selected in the shopping basket does not match the shipping address you entered in your order. Please return to the shopping basket and select your location and appropriate shipping method to continue with your order. " Huh ? I only have one address !!

shogakusha posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:31 AM

I recall signing up for the newsletter, but I do not recall getting any $50 coupon!! Is there any way to recover the coupon? I am still getting the newsletters, so I know I signed up. Thanks, Shogakusha

Kalypso posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:43 AM Site Admin

PabloS posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:50 AM

so does the $50 rebate also apply to the $89 offer, making it $39?

dona_ferentes posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:50 AM

pre-ordered the upgrade for P5 from the UK before it came out... paying more money than CL charged for it later... I haven't received any special offer, just what appears to be the standard offer for upgrading.

Ditto. And now I'm one of the non-working serial numbers. You know, after that whole P5 fiasco, and with DAZ Studio in the background, I really thought CL would pull out all the stops to win back some customer goodwill this time round. I love Poser and have been using it since P3, but... oh never mind. I'm just frustrated.

Morph

Message edited on: 02/17/2005 07:51

narsil posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:13 AM

Ditto UK serial number rejected - even checked with new challenge to see if Serial number was valid (it was) narsil

randym77 posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:42 AM

does the $50 rebate also apply to the $89 offer, making it $39?

The $50 coupon I have says it must be used on an order of $100 or more.

Maybe you could still use it on the $89 version, if you bought another CL product at the same time. Or maybe they won't allow both discounts, if the $89 offer is another coupon code.

Tashar59 posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:50 AM

I'm still waiting for an answer if I get the $50 too. I signed up in Dec. and never got it or the letters. I would buy P6 now if I get it, if not, I can't buy. I can't justify paying close to $200 my money(Canadian) to upgrade from P5. Very disappointed. It really stinks watching everyone brag about their discounts.

Dave posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 8:54 AM

Gareee posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:00 AM

Wonder why some of us signed up back then, but didn;t get subscribed?

spedler posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:37 AM

Yet another UK S/N failure - have IM'ed Katherine with details.

Steve

pewe67 posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 9:53 AM

Serial number rejected from Germany. IM will follow...

jwhitham posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 10:03 AM

Although I'm in the UK, I purchased my P5 download from the US store, and paid in dollars. So the problem must be related to current location, rather than original purchase location. Mine rejected again today, IM sent.

Curious_Labs posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:36 AM

Hi, Thank you VERY MUCH to all that have IM'ed and posted origin. I had a feeling. I'm taking the details from the IM posts to have our Digital River crew trouble-shoot. I'll post more details as I get them on this. My sincere apologies for this difficulty. With kind regards, Katherine

rain posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:45 AM

I'm still waiting for an answer if I get the $50 too. I signed up in Dec. and never got it or the letters.>>

Me too :( And I'm also having to pay in Canadian dollars (which has gone down a bit) so a $50 coupon would be nice.

semidieu posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:50 AM

I'm from Switzerland... and my serial number was rejected.

Jcleaver posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 11:59 AM

For those seeing a pattern, I'm in the US and get the same problem. IM'ed details already. Wonder if it has anything to do with ordering Shade?

Greebo posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 12:37 PM

Serial number rejected. I'm in the UK. IM sent :)

DarrenUK posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:20 PM

I'm in the UK too and the serial was rejected. jwhitham, how did you get to the US store? I went from the main page to the store, and I can't even get the view amount in dollars. The only options I get are pounds sterling or euros. Perhaps it is because you ordered the download and I tried to order the upgrade from the p5 physical shipment option. I hope we arn't going to get the same thing we did last time, with the shipments from Ireland being delayed for ages!

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

philebus posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:25 PM

There is a direct link to the US store in post number 8 in this thread. That will get you dollars.

randym77 posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:49 PM

That link doesn't seem to be useable if you're outside the U.S.

Some guy in the UK said in the DAZ forums that as soon as he switched the currency to show as British pounds, his serial was accepted.

philebus posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:57 PM

The link took me into the store OK. I've tried all currencies to try and get my serial accepted - no joy in any of them!

jwhitham posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:06 PM

"That link doesn't seem to be useable if you're outside the U.S."

Still works here. Not that it does me any good as my serial still gets rejected. Also I've decided I want the box and manual, so I'm now attempting to buy from the European store.

"Some guy in the UK said in the DAZ forums that as soon as he switched the currency to show as British pounds, his serial was accepted."

I've tried in GBP, Euros and Dollars without success.

Anywho my details have been forwarded to Digital River to sort now.

Porthos posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:28 PM

Tried all three with no success! 8*(

KindredSpirit posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:40 PM

Ditto Poser 5 user from UK

Gareee posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:51 PM

Hmmmm.. just thought of something that does still have me a bit ticked about P5... I'm still waiting for a promised Lightwave plugin!

DarrenUK posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 3:11 PM

Yeah tried the link in post 8 to buy the upgrade from poser 5, this time using dollars, still wouldn't work. It could be that the problem is when you try to order the boxed version. To anyone who has successfully ordered the poser 6 upgrade from poser 5, did you order the boxed or the downloadable version?

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

wrpspeed posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 3:28 PM

i ordered the boxed version.

Hawke posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:13 PM

I keep trying for the boxed version...

randym77 posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:25 PM

Overseas people who tried using the direct link to the American store seem to either have their serials rejected, or if they go through, get an error message saying, "Sorry, this product is not available in your area." I ordered the boxed version. I like having a dead-tree manual. Went through just fine...once I realized I couldn't use Firefox. :-P

jwhitham posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:35 PM

"Overseas people who tried using the direct link to the American store seem to either have their serials rejected"

Excuse me, it's not us in the UK that's 'Overseas people', it's the rest of you!

Doona posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:58 PM

I am in the US and was able to upgrade with no trouble. I typed in my serial number from the original P5 CD sleeve. I ordered the Boxed version.

randym77 posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:59 PM

Well, anyone not "overseas" here in the U.S. should IM Katherine with proof of purchase. :-) Aparently, they've lost the European purchase data.

jwhitham posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:18 PM

"Well, anyone not "overseas" here in the U.S. should IM Katherine with proof of purchase."

Absolutely.

"Aparently, they've lost the European purchase data."

Some Antipodeans have been similarly inconvenieced, though I guess they're just colonials. :)

Jcleaver posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:17 PM

Thanks Randym77! I use Firefox, and once I ordered it using the Virus Downloader (IE), I was able to order.

Porthos posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:19 PM

I tried both Firefox and IE and still nothing!!!

AlteredKitty posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:21 PM

Could someone please tell me EXACTLY WHO is eligible for the $89 price tag? I bought my P5 very early, pre any SR fixes including the annoying unlocking thing.

My Renderosity Store

Hawke posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2123575

Lillybelles - see this thread:

AlteredKitty posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:29 PM

Whoops! I missed that thread completely - thank you :)

My Renderosity Store

Porthos posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:32 PM

I finally managed to order P6 after several failed attempts. I opened up IE and deleted cookies, cache etc. Went through the ususal steps and it accepted my S/N. YAY. BTW location is Ireland! ;) PS. My default browser is Firefox!

Message edited on: 02/17/2005 18:38

Puntomaus posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 6:54 PM

Yay, it's fixed. Just tried it again and my order went through. Location Germany :-) Thanks for fixing this so fast :-)

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

jwhitham posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 7:17 PM

Me too, order finally accepted!

philebus posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 12:47 AM

Yes! It still took a lot of goes and I accidentally orderered the download instead of the boxed edition - but after the trouble I've had I don't really mind that much. I've got it! Shade 7 LE is on my disk and ready to install. Their new site will not let you use the US store if you are in Europe though - pity - and you do have to have cookies enabled. -Now I've got a work out that re-payment plan for my credit card! There's a down side to everything.

pewe67 posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 7:38 AM

Tried it again and it worked from Germany ;) The download for Shader is running now :))