Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Am I Getting Better?!? :)

zippyozzy opened this issue on Feb 18, 2005 · 10 posts

zippyozzy posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 8:44 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=887547

Need imput. I think so far I like this render the most. :) Tossed it up in my gallery.

xantor posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 9:30 PM

Very good, but she would look better with eyelashes and eyebrows.

zippyozzy posted Fri, 18 February 2005 at 11:28 PM

I haven't figured out how to do that yet! I've been trying to play around with facial expressions and makeup.

xantor posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 1:17 AM

All you need for the eyebrows is a head texture with the eyebrows on. A transmap is needed for the eyelashes.

wheatpenny posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 8:45 AM Online Now! Site Admin

A lot of the character texture/morph sets include eyebrow and eyelash mats. Look for a few that include them. Or I think there's a tutorial around here somewhere about eyelashes. (I haven't got them figured out yet either, I just use the ones that come with the character sets)

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

SoulTaker posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 11:41 AM

post the render here so we can see it

randym77 posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 1:39 PM

I like the composition, but it looks like you are using V3 with no textures.

Download some free textures. There are tons of them available. Vali's are nice. (If she's over bandwidth, wait until March 1, then try again.)

Karen's free textures are also very nice:

http://mysticfantasies.com/freebies.htm

Use MAT files (in the Pose section of your library) to apply the textures. One click, and all the textures will be applied.

queri posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 3:22 PM

Some small points-- your hair looks great but it's going through the ear on the right side of the picture. Yeah, little things like that count, who knew. Most people just post work it out. Other than that the pose confuses me-- it seems very dynamic but I can't quite figure out where the arms and legs are. I know you were working on expression and makeup and those are pretty good. Darn good considering there's no texture on Vicki. It's pretty amazing it looks that well actually-- yes, your'e getting better. What lights did you use? They are interesting but a little greyed out-- jsut for my taste, might be fine for yours. You do know there are about 30 free light sets at Rdna that are amazing, don't you? I usually use those-- yeah, I'm lazy. Other than that, excellent work, considering. Emily

zippyozzy posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 11:13 PM

Other than that, excellent work, considering. Not for nothing, it wasn't meant to be a perfect 3D render. I don't believe in doing tons of touchup work in other apps because, to me, it tends to lose the 3D effect that I enjoy getting in Poser. Just an attempt. Nothing more. I do this for fun, it's just a hobby with me. I don't have the time, nor the money, nor the room on my drive to load it up with Poser items. I spent hours on this little pose. Considering I'm not out to win awards with it, I thought it cameout pretty good. The rest of my attempts will be posted to my gallery. :) ::eyerolls::

wheatpenny posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 11:26 PM Online Now! Site Admin

Zippy, you're making surprisingly good progress. I'm impressed.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?