Forum: Photography

Subject: Got me a new camera..whoopee!!! Had to tell someone!!

TomDart opened this issue on Feb 19, 2005 ยท 16 posts

TomDart posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 10:16 PM

Well folks, I got me a Nikon D70..the upper limit of what I cannot afford and a couple of "other brand" lenses to go with the Nikkor one that came with the body. This is so neat and I am going through birth pains without any epidural learning the system to get me back as much as possible to filmlike photography. I have no reason to post this but to be happy with me for the moment..the bill has yet to come to my mail box. Yikes! Now, it is time to see if I actually have the stuff to make real use of more options and control. ALMOST PRIVATE EXPRESSION: On a sort of sad note, I went to an auction today where an older gentleman and old friend was closing out his portrait studio. He never went digital and was ready to retire anyway. That was a bit sad but most was sold at reasonable prices. There were even folks there getting light stands, studio lights, etc. that I can't use and can't afford even at auction. Lots of old Bronica stuff and mid-format cameras and accessories were there. Amazing to see all the stuff, props and backgrounds included needed for that business. Hello old friend and hello with joy to your retirement.