Forum: Photography

Subject: Boke (bleachfix) takes MY "Opposites" Challenge--anyone else?

tvernuccio opened this issue on Feb 19, 2005 ยท 9 posts

tvernuccio posted Sat, 19 February 2005 at 11:53 PM

hi ya'all!!! Well not too long ago, i had what i thought was a really kewl idea for a doing something silly for the monthly challege which we all know is "opposites."

i thought, hey, wouldn't it be neat if the girls dressed up like guys and guys dressed up like girls!!! fun stuff, right!!!

well, everyone wimped out except Cynlee, Tedz, Bsteph, & me! (well, i posted an older image of me in Kemal's shorts. i tried taking some new photos but they all sucked.)

Anyway, I IM Dave & told him about my challenge because I KNEW he was silly and nutty enough to maybe do this! and besides, i knew his cousin was coming to visit, and i thought that would be perfect timing. she could put make up on him, curl his hair, give me a pedicure...you know...the works!

Well, unfortunately, bad weather changed her travel plans, so, that went out the window.

Anyway, he took the opposites challenge, put on some make-up, and did one helluva a job with that eyeliner!!!!

Check it out guys!!!!

Click Here!

oh, and here's the original thread if anyone here missed it and wants to see...

Click Here!

Way to go Bogey!!!!!!!

ok, now who else is gonna be brave, daring, adventureous, silly, and totally nutty enough to take on my opposites challenge????? You still have a few more days.....!!!!!

Message edited on: 02/19/2005 23:54

Message edited on: 02/19/2005 23:55

3DGuy posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 8:19 AM

A girl dressing up as a boy is nothing special. A boy dressing up as a girl is a totally different story. Besides, where would I find the clothes (specs: 6'7", 250lbs, 13 1/2)

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

tvernuccio posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 8:46 AM

LOL! and you are right!!! :) now i did say in the original thread that the guys could do something like paint their fingernails, just put on makeup, maybe throw on a woman's hat... so you see, you could STILL participate in the challenge!! :) :) :) well, a girl dressing up like a guy IS accepted and tolerated, i'll grant you that. but still, i think i came up with a totally funny and kewl idea for the monthly challenge!!! hey, i'll tell you what kind of image i'd love to see from you...a picture of your foot trying to fit into a woman's high heel shoe!!!! well, your big toe might fit!!! LOL! sorry...i can't help being silly....

bleachfix posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 11:47 AM

And now for the rest of the story...When Sheila told me abt the original thread, I said I had a few shots of me when I dressed up in mime costume. The image was not shot this month, so technically it can't be used for the challenge. I did mime skits a few times for church gatherings with the youth. I suppose I could still do it, but the make-up is probably dried up by now...I do have a woman's straw hat that I can play around with, but that's abt it...my cousin rescheduled her trip for later this week, so we'll see how far I can go with this. I could always go to a gay bar during a cross-dresser show and have the guys make me up, but I'm not that brave!

tvernuccio posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 12:09 PM

ooopsy! i thought you just did that shoot, Bogey! yeah, the makeup is probably dried up by now. i didn't think about that when i was looking at your image. i thought you had just made it. that straw hat...is that the one you were wearing in that one image you made in one of your college classes? you know, the one where you were doing some kind of satire on hillbillies??? well, anyway, i'm very impressed with what you did!!!! it would be funny if you and your cousin did some crazy stuff like that! 'course i don't know your cousin, but me and my cousins were always doing crazy stuff like that! Papa, my grandfather, he ALWAYS indulged my every whim!! he spoiled me rotten for sure! oh man, i wish i had that picture! Darn! but one time he let me put make-up on him AND my mom's black wig!!!! he was sooooooo silly looking and me and my sister laughed so hard at him we nearly busted our ribs!!!! and then he got really crazy and started talking in a falsetto!!! (or did i just imagine that??) LOL! everything's hazy now, but next time i get to mom and dad's i'll have to scan that image!!! uh...dave...i wouldn't recommend you go to a gay bar and have those "gals" do your make up!! they would have WAY too much fun with you!!!! LOL! That image was totally terrific!!!!! High 5s

Tedz posted Sun, 20 February 2005 at 10:53 PM

*My Favorite Gardening Hat....keeps the Bee's out of My Whiskers! Muuuuuuuuuah!!!!!* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This is no Challenge for Me, as I always Dress in Ladies Attire...particularly in the Summer, when there is nothing nicer than a light Cotton Frock when doing the Gardening....having a stiff breeze cool the Private places. And Hats! Baseball Hats are just soooooooooo impractical, as they don't keep the Sun off Your Ears....like a lovely Summer Bonnet. I could probably help Rinzee (3DGuy) out with some Strapless Sling Backs that might fit Him/Her, but have very few garments for those Blessed with the Fuller Figure...*sigh*

tvernuccio posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 1:18 AM

clapping oh this is AWESOME!!!! you look great in that gardening hat!!!! and green looks quite divine on you!!! You are the Queen Bee for sure Tedz!!!!! ooooh...so you might be able to help out our 3DGuy!!! how sweet of you to offer to let him borrow something!!! :) you gonna enter this one into the challenge? i really do love this a lot...that light on your face...well, it tones down your whiskers a bit!!!! Bravo and high 5s!!! You're the BOMB!!!!

Tedz posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 1:43 AM

Thank You Sheila Dear ...You say the nicest things. My one big regret is that I got Tattooed when I wuz a wee slip of a Boy...yep...even a *smiley knee*...and it is the only thing that stops Me from becoming a top Fashion Model. Here I am in my BBB Hat..."Big Bad Brenda"...as I was doing some Shots for My Rum which I sent off to Elle McPherson Undies...but...they told Me to bugger off... which was not very nice of them...and I look quite cute in smalls too ...ok...Girlfriend...hope You are tickety boo :]

tvernuccio posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 8:11 AM

clapping applause, applause!!!! Wonderful!!! BBB, eh? Is that Smiley Knee for real? i can't believe your tatoos would lock you out of fashion arena! of course they might clash with certain outfits, but i think in this case it works quite well!!! This would make a wonderful addition to your portfolio! Dashing portrait for sure! as for Elle mcPherson...they have have no sense of style and adventure! i think there's a place for you at Calvin Klein though! I would recommend some b/w images though if you submit your photos there! I am totally impressed and delighted!!!!!! I think you're a natural born to work the runway!!!!!! ;) yes, i am definitely tickety boo! (whatever that is!!!) LOL! :) You have made my coffee time quite extraordinary!