Forum: Vue

Subject: Poser Figures In Vue

tlaloc321 opened this issue on Feb 21, 2005 ยท 32 posts

tlaloc321 posted Mon, 21 February 2005 at 7:27 AM

I look through the Vue gallery and I see 3 kinds of images. First are the amazing landscapes and still life type images that resemble master paintings of another era. They are stunning and incredibly beautiful and I dont think I have seen any work like them from another program. Then there are occasionally such works that include a poser figure, however the figure is not usually the prominent element of the image. Many times the skin tone of the poser figure is lacking in highlight. (I think at least I consider myself a rank amateur by the way so I may not know what I am talking about) Then occasionally I see a Vue render with a central poser figure that looks more typical of renders done in Poser but with excellent lighting and highlights and that balance between softness and detail that seems so hard to achieve. My question is this, why dont more people use Vue to render poser figures, or Bryce for that matter. Here is a piece that I have done in which I think the poser figure looks pretty good, especially when integrated into the scene. Would she look better in Poser? Would an average or below average 3D artist like myself have been able to render this scene better in Poser? Thank so much, I am loving it all, and hope to hear from you.