Forum: Community Center

Subject: The Hot 20

tlaloc321 opened this issue on Feb 25, 2005 ยท 20 posts

tlaloc321 posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 5:05 AM

I have been doing this Renderosity posting images thing now for about 8 months now and I just learned what the Hot 20 is. I thought to myself, hmm I wonder if I was ever in the Hot 20 without knowing it. Probably not but I am now watching to see what happens. In fact the other day I made an image specifically trying to get into the Hot 20. I usually post my Vue renders in the Poser gallery since the nucleus of my projects is Poser and my renders always feature a Poser figure as the most important subject.

Now I realize I stand a better chance at the Hot 20 by posting in the Vue gallery since there are far fewer posts on average. Now, I am not a competitive person at all, however, setting out to specifically make a competitive image somehow resulted in probably the best render I have ever done. In fact on another forum, I have garnered 30 plus comments with only 300 or so hits, which is by far the most I have ever gotten for an image. I can always get over 1000 hits because my subject matter typically appeals to the mad clicker types who sweep through the galleries looking for nude female images. What I am looking for however, is a high proportion of comments to hits. I figure if one only gets 30 hits and 20 comments that is an amazing ratio. It is easy to get 1000 hits and 0 or a few comments. In fact there was once a very good artist who was going to stop posting because he was not getting the attention he felt he deserved. I did an analysis of his entire gallery comparing it to mine. He had few hits but 1 in every 8 people left positive comments on his images compared to my gallery with many hits and only 1 comment per 100 or so. He was very encouraged by this approach to success and is still posting today.

Anyhow I am now checking every day to see if I made the Vue Hot 20 since I have no life outside my computer. Tell you what, every time I go look to see if I am there I see another Vue render that is just absolutely gorgeous, way beyond my current capabilities, and that I otherwise might have missed. In conclusion, The hot 20 inspired the best render I have ever done, and I am seeing some truly fantastic works I might have otherwise missed due to the tremendous volume of material being posted. I dont really care if I am never in any Hot 20, not really an issue. Besides, if I limit the gallery filter to Vue and Pin Ups then click on the best rankings, I am all over it man!!! Big fish in a small pond Thanks to everyone, having a really good time.