Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: A rendering challenge

tlaloc321 opened this issue on Feb 25, 2005 ยท 18 posts

tlaloc321 posted Fri, 25 February 2005 at 7:54 AM

I would like to propose a rendering challenge. It may have already been done, and may not be possible to do, I dont know. I would love to have a dozen or more skilled Poser artists download the same Poser 4 or Poser 5 file and render it to the best of their abilities without changing the file other than perhaps lighting or just even render engine settings. Then they would all post their results in a standard format for everyone to compare. Perhaps we could use a V3 with a high quality free texture in an interesting but simple pose with Kozaburo hair. Sort of a universal file, or perhaps created will all free materials or maybe one of the merchants here could sponsor it by providing the textures etc. It would have to be supported by Renderosity or linked to somewhere that could host the huge file size. Just an idea but I wonder with so many folks on high speed especially in this kind of community if it could be done. Let me know if you have any ideas or if you think this is something that could be accomplished. I think it would be very instructive especially if each image were accompanied by a screen shot of the render settings that were used, or the lighting set up if lighting was included in the process. I dont know how the skin shader scripts would come into play but it might be useful just for the render settings alone. Thanks for reading and have a great day.