Forum: Photography

Subject: Experiment #4

BusyB967 opened this issue on Feb 26, 2005 ยท 15 posts

BusyB967 posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 7:45 PM

Hope I'm not being a pain but I've been trying to get a handle on this blending since I discovered how earlier this week. Your input has been a huge help in showing me what to look for when I put an image together.. All feedback can be helpful.. Thanks

tvernuccio posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 10:56 PM

you're NOT a pain! we're all here to learn and to help each other, so don't give it another thought! your blending looks really good here, but i might work on that blue spot where the bird is. that area looks kinda cut out to me...almost like a patch. maybe if you kinda blended the blue into the green a bit more??? you have great ideas for blending images! wish i would be inspired....sigh

BusyB967 posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 11:01 PM

Another.. And I'll blend in the bird a little more.. I'm using only photos that I took at one time or another..

BusyB967 posted Sat, 26 February 2005 at 11:11 PM

Better :)

Tedz posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 10:21 AM

I like Your Ghostly Ship :]

BusyB967 posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 12:40 PM

Thanks TedZ.. Decided to post that one today. And Ghost Ship sounded just fine for a title.. :)

tvernuccio posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 1:31 PM

yeah...awesome ship! and i do like it better blended like that (your other image).

JordyArt posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 3:44 PM

The ghost ship is one eyecatching pic! Make the back of the ship a little more opaque so it is hiding the clouds behind it a touch more - give it the same substance as the main mast - remember, you're using objects from the 'real' world, they have to follow the 'realworld' rules. Nearer objects go in front of farther objects.) Do you know how to desaturate the colour yet? It may be worth trying on that one. Desaturate each layer (CTRL+SHIFT+U I think.) and play about with the contrast on each one - I think you'll be able to come up with one hell of a cracking image! (Don't know about how others do it, but create a layer above all the others, select a colour like, sea bluey/green, fill the whole layer then make it an 'overlay' layer. That'll give your whole pic a coloured hue that you change just by filling with a new colour. A dark bluey green will probably look good on that one.) Hope this helps ;-) (",) Mike

BusyB967 posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 4:20 PM

Ok Mike. A little confused.. Can I assume that when you talk about desaturate your talking about the first pic? And yes I'll give that a try.. I think I do ok when I'm out taking photos as far as composition.. But when you take two or more of these photos and try to put them together it's a whole different way of seeing.. This kind of imput is a tremendus help.. Now when I look through my photos I look for a more realistic match.. I'm really having fun with this and would like to get it down.. I've been putting all these tips together so I'll have something for reference. So thanks.. I'll be trying out a few of those suggestions and I'll repost the results

BusyB967 posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 5:21 PM

Try #3

BusyB967 posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 5:30 PM

Amazing .. What a little touching up can do.. Your right.. much better .. Mike Thanks

BusyB967 posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 5:40 PM

oops.. meant to load this one

tvernuccio posted Sun, 27 February 2005 at 10:54 PM

luv "try #3"!!!!!!!

randyrives posted Mon, 28 February 2005 at 7:38 AM

I like the ghost ship. Good job.

JordyArt posted Wed, 02 March 2005 at 11:37 AM

Glad it helped ;-) and it does look flipping good... (",)