Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser with Motion builder

satria opened this issue on Mar 07, 2005 ยท 7 posts

satria posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 12:13 PM

Hi.. i want to ask if anyone ever use motion builder for poser . Is easy to learn ? Im ask because my studio plant to buy it , but i dont want that software useless in next 6 months Thanks

DCArt posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 1:20 PM

Hmmm ... I looked for Motion Builder and noticed it had a price tag that might be beyond the budget of most of those who hang around this community. Though you might get a couple of responses, you might get better replies if you locate a Motion Builder forum or user board somewhere, and ask the users if they have ever imported Poser characters. Good luck!

Chris posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 1:27 PM

Hi Satria, as I know you can use "Poser Figures" in Motion Builder. I have heard that some ppl made animations in it with V3 and M3 and made a BVH used in Poser then ... but its just what I have heard. Maybe that helps a bit Greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

satria posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 1:54 PM

thanks.. I`ve been read tutorial long time ago , but i m forgot the site , and if im not wrong no tuts for ik setup in there

gladiator posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 2:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/motionbuilder/index.shtml

You can try this link!!!

face_off posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 3:19 PM

I got a freebie MB version from a CG mag a while back (6 months licence I think). Spent a /lot/ of time with it, even following the tutorial posed here at Renderosity. But in the end it was a futile and frustraiting experience. You export your animation as BVH from MB, but once imported into P5, arms and legs were at the wrong angle. There is a trick for fixing this, but it didn't work well. I wonder, is /anyone/ out there using MB to do V3/M3 animations for P5?

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

Rhale posted Mon, 07 March 2005 at 11:00 PM

"Is it easy to learn?" I don't know what training is provided with version 6, but MB 5 came with a bunch of material, including a selection of video tutorials from 3DBuzz, which are excellent. You should try to get hold of the 3DBuzz videos from www.3dbuzz.com There was a tutorial that covered taking a Poser character into MB, but I don't recall if that was on the Kaydara website, or if Alias transferred it when they bought MB. You'll need to spend a little time setting up your characters' bones to work in Motionbuilder, but it's not difficult if you follow logically what needs to be done. Once you set up, for example, a skeleton for Vicky, you will be able to save that as a motionbuilder character and reuse it to apply whatever motion you want to Vicky. Of course, if Curious Labs were to implement FBX support in Poser 6, that would open up a lot of possibilities.