Forum: Vue

Subject: A P P E A L - SAVE THE ART

czarnyrobert opened this issue on Mar 19, 2005 ยท 66 posts

czarnyrobert posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 3:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cgtalk.com

Sadden by the embarrassing low level of numerous post in Vue gallery those last days I decided to launch an appeal - however I am conscious that probably it won't change a lot... But here it is:

A P P E A L ! ! !

Guys (& Ladies ;-) ), look at the artistic level of Renderoisity galleries, and go on CGTalk and compare both galleries - OK pros are on CGTalk and amateurs on Renderosity, but we are all responsible for the look and artistic form of this place - be more inventive, be more exigent and critical towards your creations and those post by others.

Maybe some of you think that it is "politically correct" to post lame renders and require only "excellent" ranks and post comments dipping from hollow superlatives...

Doing this, we kill the artistic level of this gallery, we chase valuable artist from here.

Don't let Renderosity became a place for lame kitsch

Each of us can do better, can work harder on its pictures before posting them.

I play with Vue since 3 years, I have almost no other experience with graphics, never studied art - I am chemistry engineer - and Pole (my nation is known worldwide for its diligence, precision and invention ;-) just joking)

I can not do a nice picture in 15 minutes - nobody can - it is impossible - so I don't post 1000 same lame quality pictures.

Let's try to prepare something that can really impress someone and post it when we feel that we've done everything possible.

Lets all be responsible for THE ART!

May the imagination & creativity be with you!

Message edited on: 03/19/2005 15:28