Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: where can I find high heels for Victoria?

stelhar_1999 opened this issue on Jan 21, 2001 ยท 9 posts

stelhar_1999 posted Sun, 21 January 2001 at 3:44 PM

I repeat, where can I find high heels for Victoria?!?!?!?!

Jaager posted Sun, 21 January 2001 at 4:06 PM

If you do not see any in the free stuff, either here or the Commune, two other places; Jim Burton has an excellent pair as part of the sweater pack at DAZ Chris has a really detailed pair on his site - so detailed in fact that they are either 0.5 or 1 meg each. They are fine as long as you do not need much else in the scene.

JeffH posted Sun, 21 January 2001 at 4:11 PM

Attached Link: http://www.geocities.com/guildchrisgfx/

Chris Frlich made a nice pair and they're free on his site: http://www.geocities.com/guildchrisgfx/

Chris posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 3:17 AM

Jaager: I'm still working on a "LowRes" version of the shoes. They will be available soon Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Jaager posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 10:29 AM

Chris, I look foreward to seeing your new shoes You did a fantastic job on modeling the high heels. It is an excellent model. But when I looked at the model in RDS - The heels alone...so many verts . I am not sure it was your model but there was one that had one thing that I would change in the structure: the sides of the shoes only had facets facing out. I would make sure that there was a double layer on the sides and sole, so that the prop could be on the floor and not be invisible on the inside. I know it can seem like I am looking a gift horse in the mouth to criticise very large models. But part of me says that as long as you are doing all of this work, you would rather produce something that everyone could actually use and not just admire.

Chris posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 11:07 AM

Jaager, thank you for the tips. The Heels are made in Rhino (yes NURBS :-) ) and I have some problems to export it in a acceptable size- exporting is not the best thing in Rhino I guess - but I have to say I'm on Rhino 1.0 - maybe its better in 1.1 or 2.0. Hehehe - no money right now to buy 1.1 ok, I'll see if I can change the Heels into a doublesided prop and I think I'll get it sized down. And... I have no problem with critics - Critics are the best way to get better :-) Thanks again Jaager Chris

Jaager posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 11:27 AM

I do not envy you when trying to reduce the number of vertices. I have played with this a little in RDS, trying to reduce what were probably directly converted NURBS mesh. The decimate function usually produces unacceptable results. The only way I found was to morph/move individual points together and to weld them. Then the single point product must be caressed into the proper position. It is an awful task on a large model. Turns your brain to mush.

Chris posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 11:33 AM

I'm right in Rhino now and try to reduce the number of vertics - I have found a way now (I hope so) to do that. I can send you the final one today if you want and you can take a look on it if you want. Chris

Jaager posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 12:50 PM

Sounds good to me, but hotmail will not accept attachments . send me a short message and I will come back from my "real" address and you can attach to a reply there.