Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Color Setting Question in PS 6.0

Chcicken_Soup opened this issue on Jan 22, 2001 ยท 4 posts

Chcicken_Soup posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 12:30 PM

I recently got PS 6.0 (yay) and I have a question about the color setting... How do I know how to set it up for my computer? I know it's off...(I tried to turn an image into grayscale and it turned to shades of purple instead of shades of grey) Please help...

DigitalDream#3 posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 1:53 PM

I am on 5.5.What exactly is this color setting supposed to do? Are you talking about Gamma settings?

Chcicken_Soup posted Tue, 23 January 2001 at 3:48 AM

I'm not sure...

karnobiska posted Wed, 07 February 2001 at 5:15 AM

Attached Link: http://www.alienspeek.demon.co.uk

first of all make sure you are using the monitors correct drivers, then with this profile configure photoshop > Edit color settings > in here will be a number of options i use the default web graphics > you will see a short descripton as you roll over the options which explains what it manages, i would also calibrate your monitor and graphics card > most modern graphics cards allow you to change the color temperature and contrast (gamma) this might also help the reason its important to use the correct monitor drivers is that photoshops internal color drivers use the basic standard and if your monitor is using the correct drivers everything should be working just fine :)))