Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Postwork - Yes or No, and why?

SamTherapy opened this issue on Mar 30, 2005 ยท 38 posts

SamTherapy posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 6:46 PM

Prompted by a few comments in another thread, I thought I'd flog this rotting equine corpse a few more times. First, let me make my own opinions on the subject clear... I don't dig postwork on my images, other than compositing, because my aim is to get Poser to do as much as possible. Plus, I think the results are often better done "in camera" than (for example faking shadows) in Photoshop. Also, I like to learn about Poser and its capabilities, something I'd never do if I reach for Photoshop to iron out the problems I encountered with Poser. I've used Photoshop professionally for around 5 years so I pretty much know my stuff there. Heck, if I wanted a simple solution, I'd break out the boards and brushes and start throwing paint around. I did that for long enough, too. But that ain't where it's at for me. There's something intrinsically fascinating about creating a scene that I can (in my mind's eye, at least) walk around and touch. That seems to be lost when it's painted over and filtered, which is one of the many reasons I don't paint over my renders. That said, if I was working for a client, or to a company deadline, I would use any means at my disposal to get the job done. Mr Customer and Mr Bossman don't give a damn about the means, they only want results. So, for me personally, nay to postwork but back in the real world, yes please. Have at it, guys and gals. Oh and, pretty please, let's keep it friendly, huh?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery