Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Namihei - Too late?

Zarabanda opened this issue on Apr 02, 2005 ยท 20 posts

Zarabanda posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 11:28 AM

Is it too late to DL the three items needed for the Namihei pic? If not, does anyone have those links handy?

JVRenderer posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 12:04 PM

Nope, it was only available until April 1st. The mini challenge is over. Better luck next year. :o)

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

akura_ posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 1:13 PM

I got mine in on time and did not get any repley.

Simderella posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 1:16 PM

check your email akura, thats how Billy is contacting people who posted on time.

My Gallery

akura_ posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 4:07 PM

I never got an email ether.

nruddock posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 4:34 PM

You need to be patient, they have to send out several hundred emails using the Renderosity "send email to member", so it's going to take them some time.

akura_ posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 4:58 PM

Oh ok. Its an awsome character set none the less.

ratscloset posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 7:09 PM

I thought it was the end of the day the 2nd, but the message and the link with the rules have been deleted. Well, I am going to post mine and my son did one too so he could get WW. Does anyone know if there is a link to the rules anywhere still?

ratscloset
aka John

nruddock posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 7:17 PM

I'm pretty sure that they said it was until 12:00 Hawaii Time. They also said that everything would disappear after the closing time.

ratscloset posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 7:24 PM

Well, I thought that too, but when I checked at 6:00 AM Hawaii Time on the 2nd everything was gone already. I really do not care too much for myself, but my son wanted WW and he was the one that found the offer originally and asked me if he could download and enter. He finished his picture and went to Upload it and the link was already gone. Me thinks that Yamato or Billy-T do not know what time it was in Hawaii when they removed the links. I would have thought the whole thing was a joke to get people to flood the Gallery here with really weird images, if others had not thanked them for the WW figure. The deleting of the posts was wrong. They should have left them if the rules were clear, and just added a note that the contest is over.

ratscloset
aka John

akura_ posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 8:15 PM

I noticed that unless you type akura_ under the gallery search, my entree will not show up.

cooler posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 9:04 PM

Acadia, Just because something is saved in your cache doesn't mean you have permission to repost it, at least not without permission.

Yamato posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 9:48 PM

We thought April Fool Event must be limited within April 1. We had to delete thread by the latest April 1. But Poser is world -wide software. And "April "last for 48 hours on the Earth. So The event started at 0:00 JST (GTM+9) and ended at 24:00 "GMT-12"(I think Honolulu is GMT-11). It means event started at March 31 9:00 CST and ended at April 2 6:00 CST. (Very sorry to friends of Austraria and NZ. you lost 1 or 2 hours). But we could not check all authors time zone. So we decided to accept all pics dated 3/31,4/1 and 4/2. (I posted threads about the deadline here twice) Its not regulation. Just guide-line for ourselves. Anyway ratcloset. you still have 2 hours. hahaha, I permit to repost now. Acadia. Please tell me next time.;)

cooler posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 9:54 PM

domo arigato Yamato-san :-)

Acadia posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 10:52 PM

Sorry, I was just trying to help people who have the files. I deleted my posts and won't try and be so helpful in the future. No malice was intended.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

-Yggdrasil- posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 9:37 AM

Yeah. 24:00 is midnight. Midnight April 2 is before 6:00 am April 2 no matter where in the world you are.

ratscloset posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 12:44 PM

Well, I hit the hay about a half hour after posting here so I missed all the helpful responses. (Actually I shut down my Email program and did not restart it until this afternoon.) In the future it would be nice if the rules were left up until a contest closed, even with these informal contests. With the rules gone and people posting images of WW, it was easy to think it was all over. My son did when he went looking for the information on how to Post the image, and so did I when I could not find it anywhere either.

ratscloset
aka John

Acadia posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 4:53 PM

ratscloset, did your son manage to submit his image to the gallery in time? If not, I'll PM Billy T and ask him to send my WW to your son instead of to me.

DrunkMonkey posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 3:07 PM

This is what I hate about not having net access at home. It's almost the end of the month and I just now find out about this.

Acadia posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 3:41 PM

:(