Forum: Photography

Subject: April night shots

greybeard101 opened this issue on Apr 03, 2005 ยท 8 posts

greybeard101 posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 4:59 AM

Another from the same resort. I really don't know for sure but I have a feeling this would have been F4 maybe F4.5 at one second thereabouts because the available light was fairly bright and I see some movement in the palm to the right. It was quite windy while we stayed there. Am I supposed to be including thumbs....?..if so how?

cynlee posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 12:00 PM

yes you are... you obviously know how to make thumbs, they're in your gallery :] just make sure they're no larger then 150X150 & add them to the same thread in a reply it's so Doug can add it to the challenge page to make his job a little easier you might want to read over the instructions of the challenge again as it is "suggested" the shots be made during the month of the challenge that's why it's a challenge... for you :] the limit is 5 that you can enter for the month this one is sort of eerie looking & has a nice perspective to it :]

Tedz posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 1:33 PM

Another fine Night/Light Shot.

tvernuccio posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 2:23 PM

this is fantastic!!! i like how those lights look like candles lighting a path and leading in!!!! lookin' great!

greybeard101 posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 4:11 PM

Cynlee..yes I do know how to make thumbs I just wasn't sure how they were to be uploaded to this forum. Now I know. The very reason I asked the question was because I was concerned that Doug seemed to be having to do something for others that they weren't doing themselves. I also know that they night shots were "suggested" to be within the month of April......forgive my enthusiasm. There will be no further pre-April "entries" from this gentleman. I actually forgot that it was a "challenge" and simply posted pictures with exposure info as visual examples that others who have had little or no experience at all with night shots ( and several had said they had not) could perhaps use as a reference point if they wished. If I were seriously engaged in competing for king of the hill in a challenge I would not have twice posted a double image of the same mediocre scene with different exposure times. I thought I was maybe helping someone who was seriously considering rising to the challenge. Any more posts from me will keep the challenge nature of this forum in the forefront of my consciousness. My profound apologies to all.

cynlee posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 6:44 PM

that's what i kind of thought, that you were sharing your night shots with the forum which is more then welcome... & i'm sorry too if i was confused or sounded too bossy :] *peace

DJB posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 10:00 PM

Sure... include a thumb on your next ones. Does make it a bit faster for me.After you load the main image, repost a new one right after with a 150 x 150 max thumbnail. Enjoy these little challenges..Glad to see your participation.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

coolj001 posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:07 AM

Cool night shot. -Peace/Jeff :-)