Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Welcome to Earth and reality

Bobbyray opened this issue on Apr 04, 2005 ยท 12 posts

Bobbyray posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 1:53 PM

OK, we got suckered. SO is life and business. Life rolls on. I believe we all enjoy the things we can do with Poser. It does afford us some opportunity to create things we could or would not have. I for one am making a Poser 3d animated movie with a select team from around the world and all at our homes, via the net. So yes Poser can be used in the professional world. Try it yourself instead of just art stills. It works for us. The main complaint here? That we were decieved. A fact. Gee thats never happened before to humans. I read some very nasty things here that have nothing to do with the fact.... Such opinions are not based on fact. To insult others unjustly because they voice their legal opinion on a fact is not the right way to vent. It does not matter what you paid or agree to accept if the fact is....stated. It is a contract, legal and binding in a court of law. False advertising is illegal. There is a solution for those who wish to fight this injustice...sue them. A class action suit. But then is it really worth it? I do not think that will help us (USERS)at all NOR will it help the company to grow and develop its products. We can and do have the right to say in one (or individual) voices....we do not appreciate this deception, to the company. It is our legal right. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Life is what it is, unless we keep silent. I believe that we should voice our opinion to the company and leave it with them. Are they a bad company, NO. They do owe us all an explaination and appology in the least. We do not know their reasoning for this action and until we do.........we have the right to feel cheated and complain about it. If you do not agree that we all have this right, perhaps you don't believe in a democracy that protects its citizens rights. I believe that you are all good people and caring but a little bit too opinionated based on your belief. Stick to the fact and quit insulting those who voice a legal say as to an obvious violation of trust. You are all better than that. Be kind and considerate of others needs or problems. Keep to the facts. It makes the world a nicer place for us all. Well, to love it or leave it? Thats never been the issue, has it. I rest my case and hope that you will all tell CL that that was not fair or appreciated. It is your choice and legal right. I have. Have a great day and life folks! Don't make it hell for some of us.

Khai posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 2:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?&Form.ShowMessage=2195930&Reply=2197662#61

you want post number 59. where the apology and explantion is...

maxxxmodelz posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 5:58 PM

"I for one am making a Poser 3d animated movie with a select team from around the world and all at our homes, via the net. So yes Poser can be used in the professional world. Try it yourself instead of just art stills. It works for us."

So you're using Firefly to render the movie, I assume? Will all your partners be assigned chunks of frames to render, like a pseudo render farm?

I'm assuming you'd all have to coordinate your render settings, etc. to do this. Or perhaps you're rendering in a renderman-compatible renderer using RIB export, where you can do real network rendering?

I'd be interested in hearing about your workflow on the project, if you are inclined to share. Message edited on: 04/04/2005 17:59

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

momodot posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 6:51 PM

I wil check that link. If the price cut was a mistake I can totally accept that, and in fact I am sincerely sorry for their finacial loss. If it had been some missguided marketing strategy than a little Content Paradise gift certificate for us pre-orders would have been nice --$30 or so bucks is pretty significant to some of us believe it or not! But if as it seems this matter was essentially a publishing typo of a kind I don't deserve or expect compensation... these things do happen.

Henry_Edsel posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 7:11 PM

You're obviously upset, but you might consider telling us just what you're talking about.

4dogday posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 7:16 PM

My bigest hope above all is that Curious Labs Keeps on producing Poser and making it better. I paid the extra, while others might have gotten it cheaper. Being cheated is when you order something and you don't recieve the merchandise that is promised. Then they would have a problem. I am not going to complain so much about their reasons which I can not judge. The real question should be. Is the product worth it. Would you prefere not having Poser 6. Some people pay $150 for a pair of shoes. You can go to the store and the next day after you bought an Item, that same item is now on sale. Boy if I let those things bother me I wouldn't injoy life. And to think, In Russian people had to wait in like hours for just a loaf of bread. I think I made out on the deal, Some people have it real rough!

nemirc posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 9:26 PM

I think Poser could be used to produce a whole movie. I think it's more like working twice as hard to get the same results (how long does it take to break a tangent in the graph editor?). Poser may be powerful but sometimes it's very inneficient... <---signature---> Free your Maya Opaque3D http://www.digital-opaque.net

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

ShadowWind posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 12:03 AM

Actually Poser was used to create a whole adult series at one point called Dark Justice. So I don't know why it couldn't do a movie...

Sasha_Maurice posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 3:38 AM

You're obviously upset, but you might consider telling us just what you're talking about.

Ya know, ronk, I think he's trying to say:
(quote)That we were decieved.(unquote)

It's kind of like trolls that keep creating endless numbers of usernames so they can..well, troll. It just never stops...

duh :-/

hauksdottir posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 9:32 AM

I'm just going to bite my tongue.

Henry_Edsel posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 9:55 AM

Deceived about what? I thought the original message was yet another troll message.

hauksdottir posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 4:26 PM

Ron, Being legitimately upset about something and protesting is QUITE different from making a mess just for the attention, hurting just to inflict hurt, and disturbing the operations of a site just to break the rules. Carolly