Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are there any Clothes for Poser 6 James?

Rock_Bottom opened this issue on Apr 04, 2005 ยท 11 posts

Rock_Bottom posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 10:08 PM

I just got Poser 6 in the mail. And right now I am mildly pleased . I really like the new character James . But there seems to be no clothes other than the baggy sweatshirt and pants. I am not a Poser guru some the cloth room is going to be and endeavor . But if that is my only alternative I will go that route. Has anyone seen any clothing addons for James . Enclosed is a render of my James wearing the entire collection of clothes I have for him. Thanks for any and all responses >>Rock Bottom

DCArt posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 10:15 PM

Props > James Clothing library. Conforming and dynamic are there. ROFL The picture is great. Slight reminiscence of Brad Pitt in "Thelma and Louise."

Carcinogen posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 10:53 PM

Actually if you look where Deecey said, you will see that he actually has a fairly large wardrobe. Several jeans and pants, wristwatches, eyeglasses, underwear (boxers and briefs), socks, shoes, a suit and tie, shorts, a polo, long sleeve shirt, sandals, several t-shirts, and a jacket and sweater. But frankly, if I looked that buff naked, I would only wear a hat and guitar too. LOL

Francemi posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 12:24 AM

I love his smile! ;o) He looks a lot (maybe it's that smile) like the actor who played the father of the family that took over the little house in the Prairie when the Ingalls moved to the city. And for the clothes, at first I thought the same of Jessi. Then I remembered reading something about this and I went to the props to find lots of clothes for her too.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

hauksdottir posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 5:38 AM

LOL @ Tim! Yet if we didn't have clothing as a species, we'd all probably be in better shape... just like all those birds and animals who demonstrate their health and vitality when it comes time to getting a mate. We'd wash our hair, trim our toenails, and strut up and down the block singing at full breath. The men would make sure their chest hair gleamed and there was no lint in the belly button and parade up the other side of the block... guitars optional. ;^) Carolly

randym77 posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 11:37 AM

Yes, he's got a decent wardrobe, but it's all in the props section. Even the conforming clothing. Very confusing for anyone who is used to looking in Figures for clothing. Can P5 use that format, I wonder? If I move all my V3 clothing to the props library, will P5 be able to use it?

Francemi posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 11:40 AM

I don't think so randym. In Poser 6, they have saved even the conforming clothes as pp2 (props) but in Poser 5, the conforming clothes are cr2. Maybe it would work if you changed the extension from cr2 to pp2 though. I know we can save poses as anything else (cr2, cm2, lt2, etc.) so I don't see why we couldn't save cr2 as pp2. ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

DCArt posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 11:40 AM

In order to put conforming clothing into the Props library, you also have to change the extension from CR2 to PP2 (or CRZ to PPZ for compressed files). So if you want to move it back to the Figures library, you'll have to reverse that, and change the extension from PP2 to CR2, or PPZ to CRZ. As for whether or not it will work in P5, I'm not sure.

Francemi posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 11:47 AM

Here is a picture of the actor I was talking about. It seems he starred in 2 alien movies but I don't like that kind of movies so that's why I didn't know about it but I remembered him from Little House in the Prairie. Is it just me or do you also think there is a resemblance between James render above and Stan Ivar?

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

randym77 posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 12:33 PM

I guess I'll just leave everything where it is, then. But I must say, having clothes scattered all over the library is an affront to my sense of order. ;-) The merchants will probably all leave the stuff in Figures anyway.

Rock_Bottom posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 8:32 PM

Thanks all for the information. I found the clothes in props area you mentioned. I went right by them. Sorry . It would be nice though to have a Line of clothes out for james. I tried to import Michael 3 pants and that was a fiasco. Has anyone had any luck importing DAZ figure ( Michael or David ) clothing? As for the resemblance to Star Ivar. You know it James sort of looks like him . If anyone finds out any more info on clothing or James textures... "Pass it on Pardner" Thanks all and take care Rock Bottom