Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What is the easiest way to change parameters throughout an animation?

Kung-Fool opened this issue on Apr 08, 2005 ยท 7 posts

Kung-Fool posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 10:31 PM

So....How to do this efficiently? For example, I have just completed doing an animation, but now I decide that I don't like the camera angle I used and I want to change it for the entire animation. To do this, I have to manually edit every single key frame. Or is there a much simpler solution? There must be, because editing all key frames seems much too tedious....

geep posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 10:39 PM

Hi Kung, You might consider using the graph. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Fazzel posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 12:44 AM

Or you could go to the animation palette and delete all the keyframes for just that camera. Click on the first frame in the animation palette of the camera you want to change and hold down the control key. Then move your mouse to the right to highlight all the keyframes you want to delete. Then hit the delete key. After you have done this, go to the first frame of your animation and set the camera to the way you want it. All the rest of the frames should now be at this camera setting.

Tunesy posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 1:59 AM

Welcome to animation ;) Your question is a good one that has no definitive answer. That's one of those problems that cannot be eliminated, only minimized. As Martin Hash, creator of Animation Master, once said, 'The fewer key frames an animation has the more elegant it is'. The significance of that statement becomes apparent when one stumbles into a problem like this. For example, you might have 10 keys for a camera parameter but after a little observation you might realize, "Hey. I don't need 10 keys. 3 will do the job just fine." Having to "manually edit every single key frame" shouldn't be a big deal because there shouldn't be any more key frames than absolutely necessary to begin with. Putting that little snippet from Martin Hash to work has saved me a lotta time, but, let's face it, this hobby is still a time sink no matter what you do ;)

Message edited on: 04/09/2005 02:01

Nance posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 2:03 AM

or... Ctl-I for camera's Properties uncheck "Animating"

fuaho posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 5:10 PM

Just out of curiosity, does anyone actually ever get red keyframes?? I end up with various shades of green, some lighter, some darker, but have never seen a red one, like the manual states they should be.

geep posted Sat, 09 April 2005 at 5:33 PM

re: " ... manual states ... "

As opposed to automatic ones?

;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019