Forum: Carrara

Subject: Stupid Carrara Tricks.

sparrownightmare opened this issue on Apr 15, 2005 ยท 8 posts

sparrownightmare posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 9:48 AM

Hi I'm hoping someone can shed some light onto a problem I'm having. I finally got C4 and have been happily trying out the new lighting effects and other neat features, I finally decided to revamp one of my existing models from scratch. Since I still do not like the modeler in C4, I did it my normal way, did the basic modeling in Ray Dream Studio then brought it into C4 to finish. I had no errors in RDS or C4 when I brought it over. I did some reshaping, tweaking, reshading and light effects then tried a render. The render came out fine but I noticed some changes I wanted to make. I didnt have time to make them at that moment so I saved a new copy of the latest updated file and exited the program. Again no errors the entire time. Well I had saved about 10 copies of the model scene at various points in C4, and when I reopened C4 this AM and tried to reopen the latest file, I got this weird error about some file on my E: drive and an error in line 44, unknown error. First off my Drive E:is my dvdROM. I tried bringing in the save I did right before that one, same error. I tried to load all 10 of the saves of this model, same error. I tried to load in a different scene altogether and it loads. I test by bringing another RDS file into the program and saving it as a car, then I close it and open the car, it loads. There is just something about this one single scene that it does not like. Has anyone ever had this problem before. The model is very simple, has some custom shaders but thats it. I would be willing to email a copy of the scene file to someone if they would like to take a look at it. I put about 4 days work into this scene so I'd rather not lose all the work if I can save it. Please help.. Rich