Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help with posing problem

Acadia opened this issue on Apr 17, 2005 ยท 5 posts

Acadia posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 12:12 AM

I've got the pose that I want and am ready to render it... only I have a problem. The right arm is bent and the fingers of the hand are touching the base of the neck and it looks nice, BUT, the forearm sinks into the right boob instead of sitting over top of it. Is there anyway to prevent the arm from sinking into the breast while keeping that pose?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SWAMP posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 12:46 AM

Once you get the arm, hand and fingers posed just right, its a bit of a pain to redo them. You could try adjusting the breast instead. Don't know which figure you are using, but most have dials for moving the individual breast left/right and up/down. Or sometimes I find moving the shoulder either front or back just a little helps (with only a slight amount of redoing the arm).

Acadia posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 12:52 AM

Thanks. I was hoping there was an easier answer, LOL But after some tweaking of moving the shoulder forward and the forearm a bit, the arm is now in front of the breast instead of sunken inside of it. Thanks :) What does that collision detection stuff do? I've tried using that at various times but can never seem to get it to work. Can it help body parts like hands and fingers not sink into clothing? or does it just apply to props like cups and tables and stuff?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SWAMP posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 1:28 AM

As far as I know, collision detection is more for cloth and hair use (and some animation). It's not really going to fix the kind of pose problem you had. Personally, I find it easier to fix certain pose problems like that in post-work as opposed to jeopardizing the pose I want.

Dizzi posted Sun, 17 April 2005 at 7:58 AM

Inverse kinematics on on the hand that shouldn't move and then move the arm. Might distort the figure if the movement is too excessive ;-)