Forum: Vue

Subject: NEWBIE to Vue 5 Esprit, HAS PROBLEMS!!! HELP!!!

tropob opened this issue on Apr 26, 2005 ยท 7 posts

tropob posted Tue, 26 April 2005 at 8:26 PM

Hello all i just got vue yesterday. Well, and i have Mover too. Vue 5 with Mover 5. And i'm importing Poser characters , and they do import.. trouble is.. they import without textures!!!! that was a Poser 4 created file, and the character was V3 What's this about , can anyone tell me what to do? and i have another problem. In Poser 5 i made a character with a customized face( that is, i used my or my family members face pictures ), then it looked fine in poser. But when i import to vue, only the head comes, with no body. Strange, what should i do for this? And 3, i had an animated character in Poser, brought the animation to Vue, thanks to Mover. and it did import, it did animate, but the legs of the character as he was walking , made weird movements like legs would twist 360 degress or something. By the way, that was done with the Saru monkey, that i downloaded from Freebies for poser here in renderosity. thanks

agiel posted Tue, 26 April 2005 at 8:34 PM

I don't know what to say other than make sure you download and install the latest update to Vue 5. I know Poser import was improved since the first release.

wabe posted Wed, 27 April 2005 at 1:04 AM

Let me try. You talk about Poser 4 and Poser 5 here. Looks like you have installed both. I guess Vue is directed to Poser 5. And the Poser 4 file contains things, especially textures, that are not available in your Poser 5 Runtime(s). Therefore Vue can't find them and therefore they are not loaded. The problem is that Poser files does NOT contain full pathnames to the stuff that are used. Like textures or geometries. The pathnames are there only from the application folder onwards. So other programs need to do searches over all your hard disks (in case) or need to know where your Poser application folder is so that they can find the things. The other things i don't really know, hard to say something without seeing and/more information.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Poseur posted Wed, 27 April 2005 at 5:37 PM

tropob, I tried to reproduce your customized face import problem but could not i.e. it worked for me (in Vue 5 Infinite, anyway). Which base P5 character did you use for your customized figure, Don or Judy?

blaineak posted Wed, 27 April 2005 at 7:08 PM

Go to your libraries browser (default location is the right side of the screen). Select the libraries one at a time. At the top of each library is a folder. Double click to open. You should then see a list of runtimes. Click the plus (+) sign at the bottom right of the bar. Locate your Poser 4 runtime and add it. Then open all your files in Poser 5 and re-save them. Then open in Vue and most of your troubles should be solved. I believe the head issue is because you need to create a new character file with the new head. Then open the new character and pose and then import to Vue. Hope this helps.

Poseur posted Thu, 28 April 2005 at 8:33 PM

blaineak wrote "I believe the head issue is because you need to create a new character file with the new head."

Your suggestion to add the P4 runtime to P5 is very good and should solve most of tropob's problems, but I don't think it's necessary to save a custom-headed character to the library. When trying to reproduce tropob's problem I was able to import a customized figure from a saved PZ3 scene file without saving it to any runtime library.

tropob posted Thu, 28 April 2005 at 8:53 PM

Guys guys, thanks.. but i already solved it.. it was because of the odd thing in Vue where you have to select the correct Poser in order for it to work ( Poser 4, or 5) so one time i had Poser 5 selected when my figure was created in 4.. then i switched it and it's fine now. now everything is fine guys. Except!! My knee, sprained it. so i will not be doing Vue for a few years. Plus i also damaged my ear. It hurts alot: ( See you guys in 2045? Ok?