Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Fingers dislocated? Feet askew? look here...

Spanki opened this issue on May 01, 2005 ยท 27 posts

Spanki posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 7:02 PM

Attached Link: "ZeroTrans"" target="_blank">"ZeroTrans"

While messing around with some of my favorite poses (purchased from the RMP, btw), I noticed that the finger joints were dislocated where they met the hands. I've seen this a lot in the past, but I had never really looked into fixing it. Anyway, after poking around a bit, I _think_ the problem stems from using Inverse Kenematics when you are moving things around, Poser locks the fingers (or feet) in place and you can end up with some 'translation' values on some joints (these joints don't normally have a dial that lets you see/fix it either). The attached file is a simple pose file that resets all of the 'translation' values to zero (it does not reset hip translations and does not adjust any rotation values, so it should be saafe to use on any figure with standard-named body parts: Index1, Ring1, Pinky1, etc.). Just unzip and place the pose file where you can find it. Cheers.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.