Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Question for the community

Hypatia opened this issue on Feb 01, 2001 ยท 6 posts

Hypatia posted Thu, 01 February 2001 at 9:21 PM

I appreciate all of the tech help I have recieved on this board. I'm the civil servant with the childbirth animation project. Another part of my job is promotional brochures for our department. We are a test shop for Windows 2000, and I was having major problems printing with Pagemaker 6.5. As many of you know, Adobe is not supporting PM6.5 for 2k. I went back to 98 and have had no problems since. As far as I am concerned the problem is solved. However, I missed the last departmental meeting due to a surgical procedure, and have been told by another colleage that concerns were expressed in that "the printing problems were probably caused by those 3-d programs." It was apparently agreed that I should "load one, then wait a week. .." I have printed out posts from the Adobe PageMaker forum documenting the Windows 2k/Pagemaker problems, but here's my question: Out of respect for my colleages concerns, has anyone ever had ANY problems printing from ANY OTHER programs on a Pentium III running '98 with Poser 4, Bryce or Rhino loaded on their machines? Your experience and professional opinions will be most appreciated. Although it is a bit off topic, these same concerns have been voiced about my having my Macromedia Flash, Dreamweaver and Fireworks for another project loaded as well. I would like to take your reponses to our next departmental meeting. Your professional opinions will be most appreciated. Thank you, Hypatia