Mon, Sep 30, 1:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Hexagon is now available.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:52 PM · edited Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:59 PM

didactic: intended to convey instruction and information as well as pleasure and entertainment From Webster's 2nd listing

Message edited on: 05/11/2005 13:59

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:55 PM

"I will probably do most of my Hexagon related posting on 3dxtract" I'll be posting at 3DXtract as well as in the Modeling Forum here.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:57 PM

"I also will likely concentrate myself at 3dxtract. They have done much for the Eovia community and it would be nice if users rewarded them with active forums" I reward 3DXtract with money by buying the e-zines there.

falconperigot ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:59 PM

Thanks for the 'didactic' response Jack and SHONNER! :)

chuckerii ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 4:53 PM

Anybody know if a demo will be available soon? I'd like to get in on the $99 price tag, but I don't want to buy something I have never tried either, despite the glowing reviews so far. Chuck

whkguamusa ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 5:05 PM

Looks like it will put up on, or around, the 23rd of May. (this year) wayne k guam usa

woodboat ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2005 at 5:18 PM

Just spoke to Eovia and they say the demo of Hex will be avail in another week ....more or less. Since I've been nicked by software promos before, I'll just wait for the demo and then weigh the higher price against its actual feel and against the capabilities of the Silo demo which I've been using before I decide.

nomuse ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2005 at 6:19 PM

I'm gonna play safe and wait for the demo, too.....not sure my old machine will run it properly.

nomuse ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 1:56 PM

And much to my wondering eye, it runs on a G3 Powerbook. Not very fast, mind you....but it runs. That makes me an adopter right now. See, those of us on older computers (or Macs, for that matter -- darned PC-centric computer world!) have gotten used to neato software that would work just fine on our hardware, except that they had to hard-code a hardware detect that insists that without a Radium Card or a Fizzbin Port or Stretch Luthor v. 1.34 (not 1.33, not 2.04) it can't possibly be useable. Eovia didn't do that. Hexagon is actually usable on an old Powerbook. And I have a feeling my slightly less ancient G4/400 will be just fine with it. And the modelling tools are just wonderful -- even after a few minutes playing I've decided it's the perfect complement to Carrara. Only downside is I'm sure the moment I buy it Eovia will bundle it with the Carrara4 upgrade.... :(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.