Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The bugs are back! :)

hauksdottir opened this issue on May 11, 2005 ยท 23 posts

hauksdottir posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:55 AM

Attached Link: http://www.contentparadise.com/user/product.php?productid=10224&cat=0&page=1#detailimage

Not a dragonfly, but almost as pretty... Content Paradise has a nice elegant blue scarab beetle this week. People who do mummy movie scenes can recoil in horror at the thought of tucking him into a nice jeweled collar. [Mesh: 49308 polys 50614 vert] so I don't think we are going to see armies of them marching across the desert turning it into a shimmering blue wave (at least not on my machine!). Pity. Tomb scenes aren't quite complete without a couple of menacing critters, though, and I'm sure that this one will find some nice gold artifacts to guard. :) Carolly

byAnton posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 3:35 AM

I'm starting to like ContentParadise.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Nalif posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 6:14 AM

With all the awsome freebies ContentParadise has been giving, I don't understand how someone can not like content paradise. Curious Labs is obviously very serious about their new site - I suppose there are a lot of people out there that do hate it, though. Just because they offered their updates exclusively to their new site.

neftis posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 6:51 AM

Well I DO like content paradise!!!And I just hope lots of other people will:) nice stuff! thanks!

Casette posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 7:03 AM

EEEEWWWWWW !!!! I LOVE THIS BUG !!!!!! (downloading)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Arvanor posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 9:15 AM

Cool.I love these little creepies!

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

PapaBlueMarlin posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 9:16 AM

I just wish CP had some sort of remember me function...

randym77 posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 9:46 AM

Mesh: 49308 polys 50614 vert] so I don't think we are going to see armies of them marching across the desert turning it into a shimmering blue wave

Maybe in Vue Infinite. :)

Ghostofmacbeth posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 10:08 AM

I don't like it cause I missed out on the first couple of bugs since I couldn't register .. But I like it for the freebies at least. When I can get them.

Casette posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 10:44 AM

I also lost the NICE bee :( Well, 2 buck only now ... :

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Yner posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 1:26 PM

Thanks for letting us know...I keep forgetting to check in over there...:>)

Ghostofmacbeth posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:25 PM

Is the roach for sale? That si more the one I want.

sixus1 posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:33 PM

The Roach still seems to be in the freebies last time I checked. --Rebekah--

Scarab posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 2:47 PM

I must say I am pleased with this news....for obvious reasons... Scarab

hauksdottir posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 3:02 PM

:chuckle: If anybody is seeing armies of scarabs pouring like water pours over a dam, it is you? It IS a handsome critter! Carolly

randym77 posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 4:14 PM

The bugs are all still free for me. Spider, cockroach, scarab. Maybe it's because I "bought" them before?

Ghostofmacbeth posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 4:29 PM

Thanks Rebekah .. I searched some more and found it. Dang site makes it hard somtimes.

sixus1 posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 4:50 PM

Glad that you found it. Personally, I hate roaches and will be glad to never see it again. :) --Rebekah--

odeathoflife posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 5:33 PM

Why are they so poly heavy though, most of these used in renders will be small like bugs compaired to the figures if any used, I do not see the reason why they are subdivided so much, more polys doesn't make a better mesh, I would like to see lite versions of all teh 'bugs' that CL's has released.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Ghostofmacbeth posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 5:54 PM

Yeah .. I hate em too but they like around here so I might need them sometime.

hauksdottir posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 9:53 PM

You mean that you can't see a beautifully glowing fuzzy peach in a silver dish on a white folded cloth... with a cockroach waving his antennae as he plants a flag on top? With the new textures and lighting, we might be able to approach the realism of the Flemish still-lifes, but introduce contemporary metaphors. Whether the result is ART would be up to the artist, but we have better tools and props, now. :) Carolly

sixus1 posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 9:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.contentparadise.com/user/product.php?productid=10361

:) --Rebekah--

hauksdottir posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 9:48 PM

Thank you!!! The migraine has been nasty the last couple of days, so this was a very pleasant thing to find. They can be mean or elegant or dainty or determined, just with a spot of texture and animation. Meanwhile, I'll think of a peaceful pond with a couple of gliding birds and the buzz of dragonflies. :) {hugs} Carolly