Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Computer Ramping up in Poser 4 Pro Pack

thanos67 opened this issue on Jun 08, 2005 ยท 9 posts

thanos67 posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 9:03 PM

Has anyone had the problem of your computer ramping up when your in Poser. Just by opening the Libraies I don't even have to pick one Figures,poses etc... and my processors ramp up to the point of shaking the tower,But as soon as I close the libraries it calms back down. This also happens when I click and hold a morph, camera, light dial I don't even have to move it and it ramps up and as soon as I release it goes back to normal. Even with just the P4 man that is present when I open poser I open the Libraries and it ramps up. I have not exceeded the max number of folders in figures, poses etc.. I know poser likes to act up when you go past 230 or so folders and I been using it on this computer for the last month and just in the past week or so I started to have this problem. I have A Area 51 Computer which is only 2 months old it has Windows XP, 2 3.4GHz intel pent Processers 2MB Cache, 2Gig Duel Channel Memory, My Virtual Memory is Initial size 2046MB Max size 4092 Factory setings. I installed Pro Pack Memory update and it still does it. 3DMax 7,ZBrush, After Effects and all the other Programs that I have on this computer do not do this. I use The Tailor and crosstalk alot, but I have this problem with just V3 loaded with no morphs or crosstalk. I have been Using Poser 4 and Pro Pack since I bought it together 3 years ago and had no trouble like this when i was using it on my other Computer. Thought I would ask the Pros on what you might think it could be before I get drastic and uninstall and start over or Move it to another Drive. Should I try to install ProPack Service Release 3. I have 14.7 Gigs of material in my runtime folder is this to much. Any help would be great. thanos67