Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Using the UVMapper OBJ with a character

wetworks opened this issue on Feb 11, 2001 ยท 7 posts

wetworks posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 8:55 AM

I'm sure this has been answered before, but my attempts to read all of the old messages didn't turn up anything. Here's what I've done: 1. Export a character to OBJ from Poser 2. Loaded the model into UVMapper 3. Followed the tutorial to create the new model and texture map. 4. Placed the obj in the P4NudeWoman directory under geometries. 5. Grabbed the figure's cr2 file and changed all references to the P4NudeWoman.obj to my obj. 6. Started Poser and selected the character that should now reference to new obj. 7. Everything loads without any grief and if I look under body parts, they are all listed. But I can't see the figure, even after applying the new texture. I can import the obj and place the texture on it without any problems. What did I do wrong, or what haven't I done to properly use the new model with the character? Many, many thanks in advance for any help. Rick

chucky posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 9:55 AM

Just delete step one

bloodsong posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 9:55 AM

heyas; sounds like a geometries rsr problem. delete all the rsr's in the p4 nude woman's directory and try again.

JeffH posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 9:56 AM

Don't use an exported OBJ, you may lose the group names. Use the base OBJ file from the geometries folder, remap it, then save it to a new name. Why are you remapping it?

chucky posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 9:58 AM

Just delete step one, when you export a obj from poser it changes the parts name ie hip to hip01.

wetworks posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 10:02 AM

I'll try these out and let you know. I'm remapping in hopes that I will have better control over textures that I am trying to create. Tried useing the Painter 3D direct method with detailer, but I still couldn't seem to get straight lines across the abdomin and other places.

JeffH posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 10:05 AM

Attached Link: http://poseworks.8m.com/tu-tmskguide.html

There are seam guides in the Poser Freestuff to help with those kinds of texturing problems. Also, check this out: http://poseworks.8m.com/tu-tmskguide.html