Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Alternatives to the Tailor

bluecity opened this issue on Jun 15, 2005 ยท 15 posts

bluecity posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 8:31 PM

Hi all. I have The Tailor 1.5 and have generally not been very happy with it. It seems to "wrinkle" clothing very badly when using the injected morphs (like this picture of Vicky in her swimsuit after a visit to "Dr. 90120").

Is there any other utilites or method of getting a morphs into clothing (not using magnets)? Does Clothing Converter or Wardobe Wizard do this?
Or am I just really missing something in The Tailor?

Thanks.

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 8:39 PM

From what I've heard, Wardrobe Wizard can refit clothing to match the character's body morphs, with a smoothing function to help reduce or eliminate the wrinkling effect. Not sure about Clothes Converter.

whoopdat posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 8:39 PM

I want to say you can do something similar with PhilC's program and then use Morph Manager after that to transfer the morphs, but I may be wrong. Either way, I think extreme morphs will cause some degredation. I'd love to be informed otherwise, however.

Acadia posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 9:13 PM

You could probably achieve better results in Wardrobe Wizard because it allows for smoothing of various parts of the outfit in different directions. But I have to ask, why would you want to?! The chest size on that figure is garish, not to mention unbelievable and completely defies the laws of gravity. Sorry, but I don't find unrealistic gargantuan boobs on skinny bodies, esthetically appealing in art.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Niles posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 9:16 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2301113

Read this.

dlfurman posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 9:19 PM

HUH?! WHA?! They want to because they want to. If that is what the ARTIST wishes to do, then so be it? And if you havent perused the galleries, those arent so big! (Still stunned and not sure why....)

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

nakamuram posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 9:39 PM Online Now!

I call that problem "bubble breasts" -- where the clothing gets "shrink-wrapped" to the breasts. Tailor also has problems reading P6 cr2s. Magnets (like Wyrmaster's) do a better job for Dr. 92010 type enlargements. There's also the Ultimate Breasts magnet sets in Freestuff.

bluecity posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:29 PM

Okay; let me be clear on something first: with respect to everone's opinions and sensitivites on the subject of my crappy picture, I was just trying to show an obvious example of The Tailor's deformation problem for those that are not familiar with it. I was not trying to create a meaningful artistic study of what I consider to be the ideal female form (I just twirled 1 dial!)

My frustration with The Tailor is that it basically does what I want; it just seems to really butcher any kind of close fitting or smooth clothing no matter how small (or large) the morph. That, and it is coupled with the pain in rear issue of it not working with P6 characters that Nakamuram mentioned. I have a couple of magnet sets that do work well for things like breasts and body shapes, but mags have their own deformation issues and they don't work in DazStudio (yet). It sounds like WW is the way to go, but I would still would be interested in hearing if anyone has used Clothing Converter (or anything else) for this purpose.

blaufeld posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 12:24 AM

Clothiong converter v2.2 now has excellent functions on how smooth or modify meshes, besides the automatic functions that let you convert a single item or a batch of them for a figure. It also let you transfer morphs to a new clothing with a click of a button.

rdf posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 12:40 AM

"The chest size on that figure is garish, not to mention unbelievable and completely defies the laws of gravity. Sorry, but I don't find unrealistic gargantuan boobs on skinny bodies, esthetically appealing in art." Garish? Unbelievable? Unrealistic? Er, uh, Acadia, you obviously never met my best friend's brother's wife. If anything, hers are bigger than these, her body is skinnier, and by all the accounts of people who have known her all her life, they are natural, too.

bluecity posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 1:01 AM

Has anyone used Morph Designer 2.0 for this purpose? It's by the same author who did Clothing Converter.

momodot posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 8:46 AM

Can anyone explain the magnet system in Morph Designer 2.0?

pantene posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 12:36 PM

Blaufeld (or someone else), can you tell me where to get CC 2.2? I got a notification for the 2.1 upgrade a few months ago but nothing for 2.2 and at Daz they seem to have only 2.0. Thanx

bjbrown posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 12:46 PM

DAZ doesn't really upkeep its product descriptions too well.

Though the product description says it's Clothes Converter 2.0, what you download is 2.2. I bought Clothes Converter from DAZ last month, and I got version 2.2. (This was getting the full product, not an upgrade.)

Message edited on: 06/16/2005 12:47

blaufeld posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 1:06 PM

Yes Pantene, if you buy it you get the 2.2