Forum: Vue

Subject: * * * Mini Challenges * * *

agiel opened this issue on Jun 16, 2005 ยท 26 posts

agiel posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 10:05 AM

Hello ! Hallo ! Bonjour ! Ola ! etc... and welcome to what I am hoping will become a popular event in the forum :) It is about time to do something different and after reviewing several ideas for a while, here is what I would like to start with : mini challenges. Old timers will probably remember the Technical Challenges a few years back. The idea is very similar : - Mini Challenges will be occasions to do something special such as making new atmospheres, playing with materials, have fun with some effects, etc... - They will run in parallele with the Monthly Challenge. No change there. - Each mini challenge will run as long as it has steam, with a minimum of 2 weeks. - The results of the mini challenges will be placed in the Backroom as free downloads when possible (like we did once with a pack of atmospheres or clothe materials). - WIPS (work in progress) will be posted in individual forum threads, so that we can discuss them, comment or make suggestions. - Final versions will all be posted in the initial thread to make it easier to collect the whole package at the end of the challenge. - There would be no winner (or rather, everybody would be winners). - The theme of the next mini challenge would be selected as a vote between 3 ideas. Just send me your ideas so that I can keep a list. - The goal would be to have fun, build up a little library of creations from the forum, have fun, learn, and oh yeah... have fun :) My list of ideas of mini challenge so far : - landscape materials - wood materials - atmospheres by night - planets What do you think ? any idea or suggestions ?