Forum: Bryce

Subject: PC Case concept : Wood version

lordstormdragon opened this issue on Jun 16, 2005 ยท 11 posts

lordstormdragon posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 5:31 PM

Just a simple material re-working of this case idea... Much more elegant in wood, if you ask me. Wood, though is an insulator. So it would have to be liquid cooled to make this work in real life, and of course the price would have to go way up, as wood is much harder to work with than metal... But, from an imaging standpoint, what do you think? Any ideas? Is this case just too absurd, or what?!? Thanks for looking.

shinyary2 posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 5:56 PM

Hmm... hate to tell you this, LSD, but it looks more like metal than wood to me. Maybe this is just me--something about the specular and reflectivity. It does look good this way, though. Did you detail it so that there is a CD tray inside of the case? If so, you should pop one out with the Doom3 CD in it =)

cornelp posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 6:06 PM

The texture is fantastiq. The idea is just crazy, but very kewl. I custom build cases too, and as U said to make this out of wood, hmmm it would really be hard in real life, not impossible, but hard. Mow to make this work too, specially with OCing it, well now thats another story, cause that wood would really keep it HOOOOOOT, perhaps Water Cooled from Cooler Master would do the trick, even then I would not OC the system, lol. The texture looks very well, it dont look like metal, it looks more like hard leather, U know the material U can mold stuff ouf of. Now, if U can add like a little sign on the side of the case, like a game sign, UT or Doom or Half Life, then this would really just ROCK. Either way, this is stunning, I cant see any problems with the image. U got a wild mind Dragon, wild mind, lol. Very kewl stuff. Add a mouse and keyboard and heck U got a deal, wait, since its so unique, EBAY baby, sell it there, lol lol, ONE OF A KIND SYSTEM. I start the bid at say $1000.00, any takers??? lol. Very kewl work LSD. Cant wait to see what your next imagination is.

RodsArt posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 6:27 PM

This one looks great. With the grain it almost looks like leather. Cool concept!

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

lordstormdragon posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 6:54 PM

Aye, I guess I'm just spoiled. Too much time spent around ridiculously over-priced Hawaiian Koa-wood basses and guitars... Honestly, the texture looks nearly identical to my Schecter 5-string neck-through-body bass here. But I can see how it kinda looks leathery. Not glossy enough, really... I'll work on the wood look, then! This case will go into production in about a month, if things contract properly. All I have left to do is the rescaling and sizing portions of the shell, to mate with the interior frame, which I'm working on as we speak... Probably render it up in Maya so I can use some of it's features, for the brochure/website, but I like this Bryce version just fine for my own tastes.

UVDan posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 7:22 PM Forum Moderator

Be sure to post up some of the renders for the brochures.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

TheBryster posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 8:31 PM Forum Moderator

Yup! Looks like leather to me too! Nice going!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

CorwinRathe posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 9:16 PM

Its pretty bad ass looking. It does seem to have some wood characteristics as well as some leather characteristics as well. Regardless of that fact I really look what you came up with. Definately a one of a kind awesome look for a computer case.

MoonGoat posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 9:53 PM

Wow that's gorgeous!

tantarus posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 4:03 AM

This one is much more better then the previous, realy cool hard core PC case :)

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

Gog posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 4:17 AM

This looks fantastic LSD, I want one!

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.