Forum: Community Center

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

tim opened this issue on Jun 29, 2005 ยท 208 posts

tim posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 2:19 PM Site Admin

On behalf of the RPublishing division of Bondware, I'd like to apologize to the customers and contributing merchants affected by the recent problems discovered with the Renda model. Some of the issues uncovered have put RPublishing in potential violation of the Renderosity Marketplace policies with regard to copyright and respect for the intellectual property of other companies. I am working with the RPublishing group to make sure we do the right thing for all parties affected. See details below: As you may know, RPublishing contracted out the mesh creation, morphing, and rigging for this model with the understanding that all work would be original. Unfortunately, as we learned later, this was not the case. While the Renda mesh is 100% original, there have been issues identified surrounding the morphs and joint parameters. Regardless, RPublishing should have been more diligent in verifying the originality of the work submitted and takes full responsibility for the issues that have surfaced. I have spoken with Dan Farr at DAZ this morning outlining the situation and mutually exploring the best approach and outcome for DAZ, RPublishing, and all buyers of Renda products. He has been great to work with given the circumstances. He offered a possible solution that would involve encoding the Victoria 3 figure into the product, thereby requiring that a person have V3 to use the product. This would allow the continued marketing of Renda and related products while protecting DAZ's rights. This seems to be the best approach at this point and the RPublishing group is preparing an update to the Renda packages which does that. This update should be available later today. For buyers who need the V3 product, it can be obtained at the link below: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1098&cat=8 Obviously, this makes Renda a different product so the Renderosity MP will refund purchases for anyone that does not want the product in the new configuration. All previous buyers will be emailed and informed of this option. Tim Choate President Bondware Inc