Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So HOW can we share our custom figures?

Marie opened this issue on Feb 14, 2001 ยท 3 posts

Marie posted Wed, 14 February 2001 at 9:46 PM

I can't find my thread, and no "reply" e mail has yet been sent to my box, so I am going to re-state my dilemma right here up front... I am trying to understand what form or format that is legal, and appropriate to share our custom figures, created with the pro pack... a while back I answered Mason: (Mason, forgive me for repeating myself here... I can't find the thread, and I am very concerned about this issue!) I am sure that everyone at Renderosity is also concerned... Mason was kind enough to answer me, but Curious Labs has not yet.... Steve? I wrote: Hi Mason, Okay now I am confused... you said: __________________________ The thing about cr2s is you could "steal" a character obj anyway. All it would take is for you use the group tool, group the whole figure, add them to a group then save the cr2. The cr2 would then contain the entire obj data. ____________________________ So I replied to Mason: But how could you "use the group tool" if you don't have the original obj that allows you to OPEN the cr2 figure in the first place? If you try to open a library character cr2 in poser without the original obj in your geometries, Poser will crash or lock up! (at least in my P3 and P4.3) Does PPP let you open a cr2, with no "backup geometry"!? Or are you saying that a PPP cr2 has, inside IT, the whole geometry? Perhaps the best way to share custom figures here at Renderosity now, is with a pz3 file? (if it is still called that... I mean where you do a "save as" in poser, and save the whole "scene") ? I would think that both Renderosity and all of it's users would be VERY concerned and want to know how to "do the right thing" so we all can still enjoy sharing, even with all these new versions of Poser... I certainly hope that after all the support that we all have given Poser, and Zygote that we are not "shut out" ...and unable to share anymore... This would be a good reason to stick to Poser 3 or just 4.3! Thanks for answering me, and being patient with my confusion and questions!