Forum: Bryce

Subject: Portal, Escapism Work-in-Progress... some feedback?

lordstormdragon opened this issue on Jul 07, 2005 ยท 41 posts

lordstormdragon posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 8:47 AM

Aye, haven't really played with Bryce enough lately. I've been focusing on learning some other proggies, which is all fine and dandy but Bryce is much more "artistic" for me. Meaning that I find it much easier to just DO a scene within Bryce, instead of focusing on all the techy aspects of things... And I love it. Anyway, here's the story : the world is toast, and people gotta get outta here. Everyone who understands physics knows that spaceships are not only fake, but stupid. Too much margin for error, people will never make it to another star in stupid metal structures. Enough politics, though. I modeled the Gateway in Rhino, textured all in Bryce. Buildings also "modeled" in Rhino, although they took mere seconds considering it is the volumetrics doing all the work, there. Some random trees. A simple cube-path. And some custom mats and sky, of course. I also have a thicker, volumetric sky which I'll be layering in, but that's another story. Next come dozens of little people running up the stairs, most likely 2D picture objects (alpha-channeled) from Poser or maybe some photos, if I get out to the City this week. So I wanted some feedback. Compositionally, how's it looking? Does the Gateway work? I mean, can you tell just by looking what the heck is going on here? Or is it just stupid-looking? Tell me what YOU think!?!