Forum: Fractals

Subject: fractal film almost complete (9/15)

ejw_biocursion opened this issue on Jul 31, 2005 ยท 6 posts

ejw_biocursion posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 6:29 PM

Attached Link: biocursion

Hello, I have been heading the work on a fractal animation DVD for a couple of years, and it's almost ready to be released. Currently (the editing has just begun) the play time is an hour and forty minutes. The final cut will be between 1:40 and 2:00. Visit the web site to see a couple segments and a teaser trailer. The site may be slow - I have not yet moved it off my Comcast webspace. thanks, Eric Williams www.biocursion.com eric@biocursion.com

Deagol posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 9:39 PM

It looks pretty cool

Rykk posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 10:14 PM

Killer trailer! Hope you'll let us know when/where/how to get it! Rick

MrPsiquedelico posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 12:06 AM

nice work! you certainly got my attention. very cool !

ejw_biocursion posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 8:22 PM

Attached Link: http://www.biocursion.com

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm planning on setting up an ecommerce site prior to release. It's not a priority since there are still two key animations (non-fractal) left to complete and render. Biocursion is set for release on Sept 14th. So far, there's no indication this won't happen. Attached is a frame from a rough draft (only lighting needs attention - mainly to get rid of the hard-edged shadows) Eric

ejw_biocursion posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 5:29 PM

Here's a frame from a fractal animation segement. The blur was achieved using Lightwave - something UF 4 does out of the box. The theme of biocursion is very "basic" fractal patterns. Very few animations use filters - and none are layered (I can a possible contributor with some layered animations, but deal hasn't gone through yet). The original basis for this was back in the ealy '90s when I saw my first poster of a mandelbrot - I'd study it for long periods of time. 2-4 of the biocurion segments are pretty slow paced, giving you time to really see the set. The animation clips on the site are two examples of some non-basic fractals.