Forum: Fractals

Subject: Introducing... Fractal of the Month!

DreamWarrior opened this issue on Aug 12, 2005 ยท 9 posts

DreamWarrior posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 10:20 PM

Hi everybody!

We're happy to announce a new feature: Fractal of the Month!

How will it work?

Based on the images in the Fractal Window Weekly, members will be able to vote for their favourite fractal.

Voting will commence by the 30th of each month, with all previous FWWs within that month being included. Voting will be conducted by private IM to either DreamWarrior, or vclaszlo.

The vote will be announced in the Fractal Forum, with links to the FWWs eligible, and a contact link to the collector of votes (DreamWarrior or vclaszlo). Voting will end approximately one week from the time the vote is announced.

The winner will hold the Featured Fractal spot in the Community page for the next month.

Ultimately, there will be a...

Fractal of the Year!

Based on the images chosen for Fractal of the Month.
Voting will commence by Dec 30th of each year, with all previous FOMs within that year being included. Voting will be conducted in the same manner as the Fractal of the Month.

The winner will have a full page dedication, showcasing their winning image, and a chance to tell something about theirselves and their work.

Now we have some use for that "Featured Fractal" spot on the community page :)))

Since we already had many FWWs, we won't be able to feature winners of past FWWs in the "featured fractal" spot, but we want past images in the FWW to be eligible for Fractal of the Year too, so we would like to start the voting for the first month in which the FWW took place, March.

(hmm... clear as mud, huh?)

Meaning...
Starting now and ending next Friday (August 19), I'll be collecting votes for the March Fractal of the Month. Images eligible for voting are the ones included in all March FWWs.

Send me (DreamWarrior, NOT vclaszlo, please) an IM with the title "March Fractal of the Month vote", including the title and Renderosity member name of the chosen image.
In case of a tie, I will present you the images for a further round of votes.

There will be a Fractal of the Month archive page in which we will show FOM winner images.

These are the FWWs you need to see in order to chose your favourite and vote:

March 01-09
March 10-13
March 14-20
March 21-27

We sincerely hope you will join the fun!
Have a great weekend!

Barb and Nick

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts