Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser rant

Svigor opened this issue on Aug 19, 2005 ยท 14 posts

Svigor posted Fri, 19 August 2005 at 4:47 PM

I understand some problems, like Poser being a resource hog - after all that's as much a hardware problem on my end as anything.

There are other problems that I can't understand.

Why is the hierarchy so crappy? It'd be nice to be able to navigate by element or figure instead of having to scroll through one big list where everything blurs together. I'd even settle for the hierarch REMEMBERING how I left it, so everything doesn't expand all over when I open it again; this and the ability to hide lights/cameras/props would go a long way to fixing the hierarcy.

Why isn't there an easy way to lock and unlock multiple figure parts quickly? Why isn't there an easy way to hide and unhide multiple figure parts quickly? Why isn't there an option to "hide all other figures?"

Why are INJ morphs STILL not handled worth a crap? Why do I have to use 3rd party apps for such basic functionality? I know CL ain't DAZ (and so aren't responsible for INJ morphs) but sheesh you'd think they'd budge a LITTLE and throw us a bone on this one.

Why is the library palette so dumb? You get a large thumbnail for every folder, 90% of which is a USELESS folder graphic and empty space, with 10% holding the microscopic font that is the only useful piece of information. When it's docked it gets in the way of the camera controls (the ones on the main window pane, which of course can't be moved). Don't even get me started about the DUMB "up one directory" icon, which should NOT be in the scrolling part of the palette but above in the static part so it can always be accessed in an instant.

Why are we forced to deal with the multiple runtimes crap? I want to have everything in one place in the library palette so I don't have to constantly change back and forth, but on the other hand I want to be able to back up all my installed content without worrying over what's native and what's installed. It isn't a big deal to meet both needs.

All these 3rd Party apps like content managers and such should make CL hang their collective heads in shame, because they're providing basic functionality that should come with Poser.

Why are things that should remain hidden like cameras and lights periodically becoming visible? It's a pain to have to uncheck invisibility for ten lights when you didn't make them visible in the first place.

There should be scripts like Ockham's light script in stock Poser so we can handle lights and cameras more effectively.

I could go on, and I'm sure others know many little annoyances that I don't.

These aren't rocket-science type problems either.

Okay, I'm done griping now. I feel much better. :)

Message edited on: 08/19/2005 16:56