Forum: Photography

Subject: To 'Critique' or not to 'Critique'... Please leave your opinion...

Colm_Jackson opened this issue on Feb 25, 2001 ยท 10 posts

Colm_Jackson posted Sun, 25 February 2001 at 11:33 AM

To 'Critique' or not to 'Critique' Ok... We are all new to this forum and it is only two day's old but we all seem to be really getting into it and having a great time. Finally we have found a home here on Renderosity where we can establish ourselves as a group. Gone are the day's of posting our work into the gallery and feeling real lucky if we got one comment and 10 veiws... One thing that I would really like 'all' your oninions on is 'critique'... For instance: When an image is posted should we say "Maybe the focusing is a bit off" or "had you have cropped out the telegraph pole potruding from her head it would have made this picture so much better". I for one am definately worried about offending people. I also have been critiqued on many occasions in my 3D work and it can hurt. I believe we have to honest with each other. How else are we going to learn from each other and grow and get better? My vote is for 'Honest, fair and nicely put critique'... Please leave your opinion below... Colm...