Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Geometry Errors, PLEASE HELP

schnaps opened this issue on Sep 04, 2005 ยท 6 posts

schnaps posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 1:37 PM

I have Poser 4.01 and have been installing all of the files that I've been downloading. I have been moving everything to places that I like them and all of a sudden half of my figures will not load, giving me the following error message... Cannot Open Runtimegeometries"file" Cannot Open Resource file Runtimegeometries"file" You are out of memory When installing all of the figures I would bring them into poser and resave them with the "Add New Figure" button so that they previewed more the way I wanted them to. I moved cr2 and rsr files around to folders that fit me better. Keep in mind that I did not disturb the Geometry files, they were left in tact, the way they were downloaded. Please, if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know...I've put a lot of work into organizing and it would be a shame to start over. Btw, for reference, I am not out of memory as I doubt that Poser could use 2 Gigs of memory even on its worst days. Please help.

svdl posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 1:44 PM

"Out of memory" is just Poser's way of telling you it ran into something it can't cope with. Usually has nothing to do with memory. This sounds like corrupted .rsr files. You can safely delete a .rsr file (except for Poser.rsr in the root Poser folder!). You'll lose the thumbnails in the libraries, but, as you say, you can recreate them fairly easily. So if a figure refuses to load, just quit Poser, delete the associated .rsr, start Poser again and retry. Save back to the library to create a new .rsr

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

schnaps posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 1:47 PM

Yup, was searching the forums and removing the geometry .rsr's was suggested and it seems to be working. Sorry for my meltdown but I'm sure yall understand. :) Thankyou!

lmckenzie posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 3:10 PM

"You'll lose the thumbnails in the libraries, but, as you say, you can recreate them fairly easily." It's generally only the geometries .rsrs that get corrupted. I don't recall ever having one of the preview ones go bad, but true you can delete them. To prevent the problem, just change the attributes of the files to read only. Of course, you have to remember to do it to newly added files. From a (on Windows) command prompt in the geometries folder the command: attrib +R *.rsr /s will set it for all rsr files in all subdirectories. You should only need to delete one if you modify the .obj file, for instance changing the UV mapping.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

nickedshield posted Sun, 04 September 2005 at 4:42 PM

What I would check is the figure's cr2 and see what file it wants to load. figResource.... very close to the top. Edit as needed to point to the correct obj.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

lmckenzie posted Mon, 05 September 2005 at 1:19 AM

Good suggestion nickedshield, plus, there are two references, one at the top and one near the bottom - both need to be changed - same applies to props as well. Though if so many are giving errors though and the geometries weren't moved, I'd guess it's more likely corruption, possibly a problem with the disk. OTOH, with Poser you never can tell.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken