Forum: Vue

Subject: Missing Export Terrain Button in Vue5 Infinite

dburdick opened this issue on Sep 10, 2005 ยท 5 posts

dburdick posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 5:47 PM

I thought I was loosing my mind when I couldn't find out how to export a bitmap of a Vue Terrain. I knew I was able to do this Vue4 and sure enough, the export button is missing in Vue 5 I. I'm using Vue 5 5.08 - 2 build 277859. Is this the broken build or is the export button missing on other Vue 5I versions as well?

Thanks

iloco posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 5:52 PM

You are using the build that had a lot of problems and e-on asked everyone to back up to build 277255.
If you go back to 277255 you will have the export feature you are looking for in Vue Inf. :) Hopeful a new 5.08 build will be out shortly that will have a lot of these problems fixed.

Message edited on: 09/10/2005 17:54

ïÏøçö

Veritas777 posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 7:11 PM

As a quick Work-Around you should be able to use the COPY button in the Terrain Editor (near the top left corner) and then PASTE this from the clip-board into your favorite image editor. From there of course you can save it in any file format you use- like PSD, TIF or TGA, which can be re-imported back into the Vue Terrain Editor.

dburdick posted Sat, 10 September 2005 at 8:29 PM

Thanks Veritas, the Copy to ClipBoard trick worked perfectly.

LordWexford posted Sun, 11 September 2005 at 3:14 AM

I had exactly the same issue yesterday morning. After a browse around the forums at the E-On web site I rolled back to the earlier build. Not only did the button re-appear, but a number of other problems disappeared as well.