Forum: Bryce

Subject: Need some advice on rendering animations

seedpress opened this issue on Feb 27, 2001 ยท 3 posts

seedpress posted Tue, 27 February 2001 at 7:05 PM

I want to put a Bryce animation on VHS and eventually SVHS. For each format, what would be the best resolution in which to render my images? I am going to output them as .BMPs, initially. Then I may compress them later, depending on how well I am able to output with my T.V. output card (ATI Rage Fury 32MB, T.V. out). I guess what I'm really wondering is: Is it better to output to a higher resolution at first, and then downsize through subsequent compression? Or should I output at exactly the video/VHS resoulution at which I will be recording? If I should use a higher resolution, has anyone advice on what would be the best resolution to use? Also, as to antialiasing: It seems that the eye can barely notice antialiasing in scenes that are changing quickly. But I can't figure out how--or even if-I can render some frames with, and others without antialiasing within the same animation. I could piece together two different animation clips in a video compositing program, but achieving this "variable antialiasing" within a single Bryce animation would be handy. Does anyone know if this is posssible?